ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does a performance backbox make same sound as a cat bk system??? debate with friend l

clio 1.2
hello, my friend has just hd a custon backbox made for his clio from longlife, and i was just woundering will it make any difference to sound by having a catback system , or will it just sound the same :D

DCI100
Re: does a performance backbox make same sound as a cat bk system??? debate with frie

depend what baffles and silencers are in the cat back. usually after market systems are louder.

clio 1.2
Re: does a performance backbox make same sound as a cat bk system??? debate with frie

right. cheers, will a custom backbox make a good sound tho ?

DCI100

well theres loads of different back boxes you could have so no need for a custom one. and usually they just sound like fart cans. but if you get one with a tail pip not much bigger than the standard and a decat pipe it should sound good.

I got a Powerflow backbox and had a steel pipe made up from the cat back to it, It's lovely, it's boomy on acceleration but at held speed it's quiet-ish. Cost me in total about £150, £20 for the backbox and then then £130 for the steel pipe and paying a friend to cut it, weld it etc. I'll try and get you a video of it if you wish?

Mines a 1.4 so it'd be a little louder than your 1.2. Be different and get a 2-stroke motorcycle exhaust and go to town on that bad boy ;)
In seriousness though, be ready for people to tell you 'why would you?' 'dont it's a 1.2' 'it'll sound s**t' etc. It's YOUR car so do what YOU want (within the law), Like Russ_16v's article on peoples opinions. your motor, if you like it, that's what matters.

clio sport ph 1

If it's your daily keep the exhaust as quiet as possible. I run my sport with catback and no cat , it sucks when you are at the shops. (not really loud when I don't boot it).
Somebody said I think you exhaust is broken :p.
But when I boot it , makes me smile;).