ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dogbone mount upgrades

Dodgy one
I have come to the conclusion mines nackered, Engine rocks back and forth quite a lot, gear changes are not as smooth as they should be anymore :dapprove: and the exhaust is difficult to seal up

So my options are to either replace it with a renault standard jobbie again or stick a powerflex in its place, A quick search and reading 'ready for the track' leads me to believe this may not be the best idea as it puts stress on other mounts and can cause them to fail in a matter of a few hours under spirited driving?? :eek:

Now i'm not sure if thats pish and the site trying to get me to invest in some group n mounts :cool: which wouldnt be good on a road car IMO

So has anyone got a Powerflex on the lower dogbone with any reported problems on a 182? For £30 it could be worth a shot or they could be s**te hence their cheap price

Had my powerflex dog bone mount on for about 3 months. No problems with any of the other mounts. It stopped the banging when changing from second to third aggressively. Slightly more shake on idle.

Will be getting the other 2 solid mounts from Ktec aswell :)

i've just fitted some to the trophy along with the k-tec/vibratechnics mounts, i've not driven it yet as it's just a track car, hence the fact there's no interior (not even the dash :D)

i've heard about people stripping the threads in gearbox, but at a guess i wonder if that's down to how they were fitted.

My advise for fitting is to fit the gearbox end 1st.

Chris

Dodgy one
i've heard about people stripping the threads in gearbox, but at a guess i wonder if that's down to how they were fitted.

My advise for fitting is to fit the gearbox end 1st.

Chris

I did see that when i flicked through a few threads on here and suspected the same with the bolts coming loose and stripping the threads, A bit of threadlock on the bolt and torqued up properly i cant see how it happens afterall its the same as a standard one just firmer.

EP3 Civic Type R
Fitted mine today- bit more vibration on idle, but only through the steering wheel.

Took it fir a drive and the gears feel much more tight, less engine movement and extremely smooth gear changes.

I'm going to change the other mounts to be sure

Monaco 172
i had that engine banging last year. i just changed the 2 gearbox mounts to standard ones. done the job rightly