ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donington comments and criticism

E46 M3
I'm after some advice from those that know Donington well ( @Tony Hunter @Jay Payne @Big Ash @MicKPM 2Damnsly Andy ) and anyone else on where I can find some time. I did 3 laps in a row within a second of the one below so I'm thinking I reached my limit.

Theres a few places I feel I could be more brave but I usually end up going in too hot.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Tidy lap tbh mate. What's the spec of the car? What tyres are you on? Coilovers or eibachs/cooksports on standard dampers? You may have reached the limit of your setup rather than yourself.

Looking good Ian :) Into Redgate I personally start the turn slightly earlier than you did but actual turn in slower. Transition through the craners was a little sudden could do with just smoothing the input a touch. Nailed Old hairpin and mclanes. Turn point at Copice/copse whatever its called is perfect although again too quick on the turn if you slowed the input down then it would of followed a much better line and could control the weight transfer a bit better :) Other than that really good and good commitment!

E46 M3
Tidy lap tbh mate. What's the spec of the car? What tyres are you on? Coilovers or eibachs/cooksports on standard dampers? You may have reached the limit of your setup rather than yourself.

Eibachs with standard dampers running very worn (now in the bin) 888's. Rear anti-roll bar/PM top mounts and brace. 2.2 degrees front camber (max on bolts).

Engine wise nothing that will make it go significantly faster!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Eibachs with standard dampers running very worn (now in the bin) 888's. Rear anti-roll bar/PM top mounts and brace. 2.2 degrees front camber (max on bolts).

Engine wise nothing that will make it go significantly faster!
Sounds like you've probably reached and gone beyond the limit of your current setup then imo.

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Been taking note ;) thnxs has im there on 15th may :approve: good how car pulls with very few gear changes?!

last time I was there in 500bhp evo with medium box it was gear change galore!! lol

What HP is you're clio? Really does seem to pull/rev out very well

Cheers Pat

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ian's car is pretty much standard Pat just like yours - I am planning on coming up to watch (maybe blag a passenger ride) on the 15th

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
That will be no probs at all Mick ;)

May well be afew clio's up there at least 5 said they were doing it?! hopefully :approve:

Pat

182cup & 172 racecar
Ian, you didn't struggle for space down through craners, so you had no need to lift, and as James said, slower inputs on turn in would help the balance.

I can't see the line in the tarmac at Coppice, but again as you turn, you can see the car change attitude and didn't like what you did, then suddenly you have loads of room to the outside again.

You find yourself steering to the outside of the circuit instead of the car drifting to the outside, here is a big difference.

Apart from that, nice and tidy.:)

E46 M3
Cheers for the input tony.

Craners flat consistently requires more balls than I had that day!

I felt copice that lap was poor hence the gay hand waving.

I did find myself having to steer to the edge of the track at times, I'm usually quite conservative on exits.

Pat- as Mick says it's basically standard, just a good example of one.

182cup & 172 racecar
I wasn't being nasty Ian, but you did ask.

I know its annoying when people say flat through Craners, but all depends at what speed you are approaching it at of course.
Whatch it over and over again, then you'll see what I mean. X.

Clio 172
I still haven't taken Craners flat that's why I need to borrow you for a day Tony. Maybe see you drive it and then some instruction. As for Coppice since my spin there I still hate that corner.