ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door badge problem (172)

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Just given my 172 its bi-monthly wash and i have noticed that the 2.0l 16V badges on the doors have gone a bit dodgy. The surface paint work almost looks like rust is bubbling up underneath(although im guessing thier just laquered plastic). Anyone else had this problem? will renault replace them under warranty?

Volvo S60 T5

Probably not warranty worth a call to your dealer just in case.

If its over a year old you may have to pay a contribution for em.

or pm me.

Clio 182 FF & Cups

Cheers mike,

how much are they to replace? are the difficult to fit? would imagine the door card needs to come off to do it.

P.s. sorry if i,ve crashed the forum with my first post on this, i can only see half of this page due to an error with my first post, dont know what i did wrong!!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by fewie_172 on 27 April 2005

Cheers mike,

how much are they to replace? are the difficult to fit? would imagine the door card needs to come off to do it.

P.s. sorry if i,ve crashed the forum with my first post on this, i can only see half of this page due to an error with my first post, dont know what i did wrong!!

£92 for the badges from dealer, im trying to get mine fixed under warranty as i have the same prob

Clio 182 FF & Cups

just been to my mate, hes got a cup and his are like it! popping to my dealer on friday to pick up some bits i ordered, will print this out and take it with me, not paying £92 to correct a common fault!!

Got mine replaced under warranty. Looked as though they had been shot blasted at 18mth old. Passenger side now showing the same again,so its going back. You are covered under there 8year anti-perforation/corrosion and dont settle for any bull otherwise.

and me!!! If they are covered under the anti corrosion warranty, do you have to be the original purchaser of the car for this to apply????? Also, do any of you know about the strut upgrade on MK2 172s, can I get this done buy Renault still?? Sorry for veering off topic.

Mike

Weeman sucks ****

mine are focked to, got loads of black corrosion marks on them aswell as some scratch mark where some sad bastad has tried to remove them!