ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door handle removal problem

Rs200
Hi all, I need to remove my exterior door handle as the keyless lock button doesn’t work. Found a handy guide on here and followed it no probs, but I’m struggling with this bit: there is a rubber grommet you remove which reveals a torx, you undo this torx and this releases the little plastic cap on the handle which leads to the following steps. When I undo the torx, it turns like 3/4 of a turn and then jumps back to its original position, can’t seem to get it to do anything else. Has anyone else had this, or know a solution? Many thanks, James

Westfield, 182, 200
I assume this is on a mk3?
Mine did something similar, looking from inside the door panel, it looked as if the teeth were jumping. I spayed some WD40 on it and it sorted it.

Rs200
I assume this is on a mk3?
Mine did something similar, looking from inside the door panel, it looked as if the teeth were jumping. I spayed some WD40 on it and it sorted it.

Yes on a Mk3. I’ve tried the WD40 but no joy. Even tried pushing the screw with a screwdriver from inside the door whilst unscrewing it through the bung hole, still won’t undo. I’m at a loss lol

Westfield, 182, 200
I've removed 4 clio door handles and only one was stiff. It was the same set up on my jag XF too.
Could do with a picture of the inside mechanism, from memory it's a worm and gear type set up, but without moving the gear. the handle wont come out.
I assume you've wound it in and out to try and free it?

Rs200
Hi Ian,

yes it’s the worm and gear type as you say. I have tried tightening it again, but still get the same problem. Once it is undone (I understand the screw doesn’t come all the way out), what should happen - should the little silver piece behind the door handle come off? I’m just checking really that it’s not actually undone, but I’m getting the next step wrong.

Westfield, 182, 200
It should just waggle loose. It maybe a bit stiff and stuck to the door with 10 years of crud! If I remember correctly, it's just the plastic that comes out.
Mine got so far and jumped teeth.
1571833827605.png

Westfield, 182, 200
Found this on you tube, it shows how the plastic part is held in. Are you changing the micro switch?
1571833936179.png

Rs200
Thanks mate, that’s very handy. I understand you can’t change just the switch on these, it’s the handle you have to replace? I’ve pulled the outer skin off the handle and had a look at the switch, and it doesn’t look like you just unplug it.

Westfield, 182, 200
Are you a member of the CLIO197/200.net site?
I wrote a 'how to' on there.
You can replace the micro switch.
1571838070582.png
1571838070582.png

Westfield, 182, 200
It isn't expensive, there's a how to for removing the door card, but you've obviously sussed that one out!
Have a read, the switch needs to be soldered, but I've done 4 now and it's not too difficult.