ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's Ph1 172 Progress Thread

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Got some new boot struts a while back as mine were knackered. Its so nice to have a springy tailgate!

21120483616_bd64d35824_z.jpg

Also bought some HID's again as the light and colour output on them is better than what i got. Been trying to get that HID look without them but i dont want to pay the cost of normal bulbs only to disappoint me. I decided to go for the standard temperature of 4300k.

20958793668_fc0f834c91_z.jpg

And fitted

20544039374_c50e16cf38_z.jpg

20545597733_1c95d68fc6_z.jpg

They are perfect and the right colour i was looking for. Managed to alter the headlight adjuster properly on the new passengers side and set them up so that they raise simultaneously. One on my genuine cree sidelights has broken so i will get a replacement set soon. Not getting cheap ebay copies as im happy with these and they match the HID's.

Also those who know me and the car know that the steering wheel i currently have is not good. My GF saw a Momo team wheel advertised on CSOC and knowing that i needed a new wheel she bought it for me. She's claiming its an early xmas present! She knows 've always love the Momo team wheel but they've always been pricey. In fact the cheapest i've seen them is just over £150. This is the 300m which is what i was after and we got it for £90 posted. Its in as new condition and the only thing different is someone has coloured the Momo logo black instead on yellow, which i like. As a few of you know through reading this thread, you know ive had a few steering wheels on this and i reckon that this is the best one yet! :smile:

20979705309_06cc8f3d88_z.jpg

21140351416_3ca7991fe5_z.jpg

21166595655_c109e6f906_z.jpg

21166663635_15dfb1cfec_z.jpg

21174472801_b2b9e90edf_z.jpg

And a quick video to show how bad the other wheel was!

Scary that they can sell a wheel like that. It is mega dangerous/unsafe. Think it was £60 too! The momo is a "slight" upgrade!

The car hasn't been cleaned for weeks and was absolutely filthy so a gave the wheels a clean then a quick wash today. Tbh im not to bothered about the paintwork/cleanness of the car as it'll be having paintwork soon. Unsure on the date yet but within the next few months i'd say.

20979782740_e634eb45c9_z.jpg

21175725491_e6c0230e8c_z.jpg

21009356959_aabe660fbf_z.jpg

21185839842_94d3146f85_z.jpg

I've just ordered some new steering wheel bolts in black and need to get another set of mist washers as i've lost one of the rubbers. The new washers wont get fitted until the car has been sprayed. I have a little stash of new parts waiting to be fitted. Ive also painted a spare bonnet catch in iceberg silver and lacquered it so that'll be fitted to the newly painted ally bonnet.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ooft, nice. Where did you get the struts from? Only ask as we needed a set for a Lexus and they were about £90 from the dealer. eBay, £25. Same make as yours etc

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I got the struts from ebay i think. I know the brand do good stuff and they was noticeably cheaper. Think Renault wanted £50 odd quid and these were under £25 iirc.

Yes chaps, the wheel was NOT good! In the catalogue it looked decent and it was only slightly cheaper than my OMP Trecento wheel, both brand new. Amazing that the difference in those 2 wheels is massive considering there was only about £10 in between them. I got this one as it came in 320mm which appealed to me. So glad its now binned!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, yeah I did have a sneaky peak to see who was watching. Luckily it was no-one! :eek: The video has had positive reviews, both on my commentary and on the wheel! Tbh that was the first take and only take! I showed my GF and she just laughed!

@masekwm What was you expecting? Lol

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Haha, yeah I did have a sneaky peak to see who was watching. Luckily it was no-one! :blush: The video has had positive reviews, both on my commentary and on the wheel! Tbh that was the first take and only take! I showed my GF and she just laughed!

@masekwm What was you expecting? Lol
Imagine what would happen if I started speaking and flexed by guns.
She'd be putty in my hands.

Nice wheel, looks great.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Car went for MOT today. Failed on headlight alignment on passengers side. The tester adjusted it and then passed it. Why he couldn't of just that that before failing it i dont know! It was the new headlight that was out which i tried to get as close as i could last weekend.

Still, that was all so its all good for another year :smile:

I have a stag do and wedding to go to in the middle of october. Once thats out the way we are aiming to get the car sprayed pretty soon after.

SQ5
Car went for MOT today. Failed on headlight alignment on passengers side. The tester adjusted it and then passed it. Why he couldn't of just that that before failing it i dont know! It was the new headlight that was out which i tried to get as close as i could last weekend.

Still, that was all so its all good for another year :smile:

I have a stag do and wedding to go to in the middle of october. Once thats out the way we are aiming to get the car sprayed pretty soon after.

I may be wrong but I believe they have to show a certain amount of fails so will fail then fix.

That would niggle me too... although I had my MOT done at f1 Autocenters with no advisories then broke down on the way home 😂 that was more annoying!

Your car is looking well as always.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Are you drunk Tom?

I see your thread. I know exactly how you feel about spending money and bad experience. Hope it gets sorted. Don't let it beat you or cause arguments.

RB Clio 182
Are you drunk Tom?

I see your thread. I know exactly how you feel about spending money and bad experience. Hope it gets sorted. Don't let it beat you or cause arguments.

Thanks mate im just pissed off:(

If you want to contact someone on here that you cannot contact otherwise, then post a negative thread, it works.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Hit this, this week.

22028311232_809beeffb0_z.jpg

After having long think for a while I've decided to end the project. I want a more mature car and I don't want to plow anymore money into the ph1. The money that I was going to spend on it will be better off getting a better car so I'm going to break it. Its unfortunately worth more in parts than it is as a whole in its current position. There's some nice parts on it that I shouldn't have trouble selling.

I have a stag do and wedding to attend this weekend, then after that I'll be looking at new cars. Once a car is bought then the Clio will go off the road to be split. If anybody is after anything in particular then please PM me.

Really like volvos so im looking into those. For sub 4k you can buy a well specced model that will give me comfort and fuel economy and more room.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It's not worth selling John as it wouldn't fetch for much money with the bodywork damage. No point paying to have it repaired as it won't gain me that much afterwards.

I do think breaking it and selling parts off is the best option.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It is in a way as I can be a sweet car. I don't want to spend the money to do that and and sell it at a loss. It's different for your car doe to the engine spec. Mine is cosmetic damage but even if I get just the front end done, it'll still be worth more in parts and I'd have to pay to have it sprayed.

Such a shame to hear that buddy, is a lovely car and apart from the body work in much better condition than mine, actually scrap that even with the body work issues its still better than mine lol.

Should funds allow i'd like to have some stuff from it should you decide to break it. Drop me a PM and we'll have a chat.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It's not worth selling John as it wouldn't fetch for much money with the bodywork damage. No point paying to have it repaired as it won't gain me that much afterwards.

I do think breaking it and selling parts off is the best option.
Think I'll be breaking mine between now and xmas TBH.

Old Ph1s FTL.

:(