ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving to south(ish) Spain for 3 weeks....

Well in 7 hours & im driving to south(ish) Spain for 3 weeks, about 4000km all in. (mk1 172 x-plate)

Anybody care to place a bet how far i get before something goes tits up?????

Clio Dci 86

Why should anything go tits up?...your in a Renault not a TVR!...Id have thought a 172 should make for some fun in the sun!

Renault Laguna Coupe

I did the same in a Uno Turbo a few years ago. No problems but costs a lot in fuel - you end up wishing youd gone easyJet!

i went on a tour of france italy and spain a month ago and the only troubel i had was when a spark lead melted in a traffic jam

S2000

Why should anything go wrong?

The vast majority of 172s are fine, we are but a tiny minority of 172 owners so when we get a few problems it seems that every other 172 has a problem. The fact is we probably push the cars more than most so some problems may arise!

Go have some fun!

Well fingers crossed nothings going wrong - but put it this way:

12k service - £550

24k service - £820

THis cars a money pit....

GR7

Shiny red R32

rjs1000, you must be M A D if you intend paying anyone that sort of money for servicing. That cant be right.

Mostly parts and includes a 10% discount...

Im not mad - well i am mad, at renault...

New a/c condenser, new rear shocks(!)....

I try to blank what else needed doing out of my mind

Anyway - cya im off - if the wife can get ready in time...