ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DTA engine management

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Right im still not sure what engine management to go for. Iv had cams, verniers, headwork, balanced block, ktr manifold, but it needs mapping. Choices are

Unichip - lots of dealers, good results, reasonable price.

SMT6 - better, but bit more expensive, problem is remaps wold be difficult as I live miles from GDI.

DTA - Only just started looking into this, they arent too far from me. They can probably control TBies at a later date if required (i think) and they have launch control, and allsorts as standard. full spec here although im not sure on prices yet:

MAIN FEATURES
Full Ignition control and amplification for up to 4 cylinders distributorless, 8 cyl with distributor
Full fuel control of up to 16 injectors (staged and switchable on RPM in 2 banks )
Amplified Coils Support NEW
Compensation for air temp / water temp / MAP or barometric pressure on fuel AND ignition
Closed loop Lambda control
Turn off closed loop above TPS & RPM NEW
Full turbo pressure control variable by RPM with overboost protection
Manifold Pressure as main load NEW
Full single gear traction control (launch control)
Steering wheel button controlled start line RPM limit Full power shift cut
Temperature dependant Idle speed control via PWM valve (shared second bank of injectors)
Auxiliary output switchable on RPM / water temp / manifold pressure (shared turbo control)
Dedicated shift light output
Dedicated Tacho output
Two stage main RPM limiter
Dedicated fuel pump control
Full startup fuelling map
Improved idle speed control NEW
Throttle transient enrichment map
Self test facilities for ignition and injection
Sensor diagnostics and peak recording
Real time mapping, no EPROMs required, PC only or PC+Dyno Control Box
Voltage in warning limits during Mapping NEW
Software programmable for most crank wheels (BMW, Ford, GM, Porsche, Renault, Honda Blackbird, Rover, VW, 361, 602 etc.)
All main 3D maps (20 x 14) have user programmable break points on throttle and RPM
Max. RPM 14,000

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/http://www.dtafast.co.uk/

Id like to hear more about the SMT6 option - didnt know GDI offered ECU mapping services. These are mapped as per the the mods you have completed?

FRST and 106 GTi

you are choosing between two piggyback (unichip and SMT6) and a stand alone EMS (DTA).

If you can afford, go with DTA since it can on a latter mod go with TBs and std ecu with a piggy back wired to it wont go very far.

If you into a stand alone EMS take a look also at Omex and Emerald since they are cheaper than DTA.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

think ill give that a miss for now then hehe. At the moment unichip is looking best for both price and convenience.

Awww......

come on, support your local Clio tuning community!

Just think, i might help you with a TB conversion at a later date ;)

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 14 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 14 April 2004

SMT6 - better, but bit more expensive, problem is remaps wold be difficult as I live miles from GDI.
lol.

also in the same boat in every sense, miles away from GDI but want SMT6, maybe we can get him to do a cheeky discount for both of us?

Quote: Originally posted by riplash on 14 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 14 April 2004

lol.
On the net, everybodys local! hehehehe

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Awww......come on, support your local Clio tuning community!Just think, i might help you with a TB conversion at a later date ;)

Which ones this mate? SMT6?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Andy what does it involve exactly mate? and how much would you charge to time my cams up at the same time?

Thanks

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

adam.... thats not such an easy job.... they are under that cam cover which is part of the ever so nice engine cover..

however you are dead right... its the correct course of action to go down for a propper set up..

best email me or call for a chat about what its all about etc etc

Andy

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

ok matey, i emailed ya about it a few days back regarding the chip and the cams setup :) although iv been having that many viruss sent me lately anything could have happened lol

FRST and 106 GTi

On the net, everybodys local! hehehehe
God bless Internet!

btw Andy, how much for the PRS 8? just the hardware without fiting and maping.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

ummm.. last check was 1080 euros + vat and delivery...

think it went up 5% this month..

+ you might dependant on application needs sensors and loom etc.... but that needs thinking about..

its a nice bit of kit.. 3D mapping in real time etc etc

Andy

GDI

seriously tho, i AM getting this done, so if anyone else is interested and CAN PUT DOWN A DEPOSIT to prove interest, add me to your MSN and we can have a chat

Skoda Fabia vRS

Mehdi, get it done mate, you wont have any trouble with GDI the work is top notch, i live in your kind of area and i travelled all those miles to get my GTT conversion done there

wont bother tellin Jon about the distance it would only take him 5 minutes anywayz the way he drives lol

i am mate, spoke to Andy a few times and hes got it sold, but obviously if a few others are interested and we can get some sort of group discount then all the better! Everyone i have spoken to keeps bangin on about what a top bloke Andy is and GDIs work etc so i will be going there, so lets get some more interest guys!

For some weird reason my MSN is playing up atm...

How much is it in total with the group discount?

Andy is a top bloke and his work is mint, hence why I wanna get the chip done aswell.

if we can get 5 people together we will be looking at 500 quid each, thats fitting piggy back ecu, seting it up including rr time etc,these bad boys are mapped to individual cars and are meant to be THE engine managment choice.......come on!

sh*t!!!

I thought it was cheaper than that before the discount?

Gonna have to count me out im afraid, wont be able to afford that, for quite a while.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

there will be some improvments, but of course if your planning mods later on its even better.... as then the gains are more impressive.

Andy