ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DTM turboed Black Gold 182

Clio 172 182 197 200
Well with the history of Andyrg and his crazy turbo conversions we decided with dTM and clioturbo.co.uk we would make a forced induction clio.

The base car is a 60k 182 black gold with cup packs, and we purchased this as a none runner with a transmission issue.

Took it apart to find the gearbox had been replaced in the past with a 172 box and rhe diff circlip had fallen out.

We sorted a new jc5 from a 182 and got the parts ordered.

Brief spec list

9.0.1 pistons by wossigner
Pec I beam rods and arps
T28 Hybrid turbo
620cc injectors
Adaptronic ecu running fly bt wire ;)
Helix paddle clutch
Custom intercooler kit
light and balanced crank and fly

The spec will go on but for the moment this is thw basics.

We hope for around 340hp and will be conveting to the vag box conversion once I have ran it in and done some testing :)

Thanks

Andyrg

Thanks to clioturbo.co.uk and also dtmcars.co.uk

Trophy Turbo :)
Screenshot_2013-08-11-19-10-41_zps63b91a0e.png

20130811_091114_zpsb00d4f91.jpg

Supply

20130809_195934_zps3073ae11.jpg

20130808_210916_zps9a8e1673.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
Looks a good build Andy. Looking forward to the updates!

This is going to be good!

Out of interest is there not a risk of the silicone hoses collapsing under pressure?

Why would they collapse when they are pressurised?

RB Clio 182
I wish i could afford mine turbo'd/supercharged!

Anyone want to do it me for a good price lol.

Sounds very good mate :)

Looks a good build Andy. Looking forward to the updates!

Why would they collapse when they are pressurised?

I dont know nothing about it, people just always seem to squeeze them. So i thought i would ask the question lol

Or is it standard rubber hoses that collapse? or am i just going crazy!

172 cup, Impreza P1
I dont know nothing about it, people just always seem to squeeze them. So i thought i would ask the question lol

They would only collapse on the suction side of turbo if they were too flimsy but 3 or 4 ply silicone is the stuff to go for. More likely to blo them off at the joints unless they have swaged ends.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Only way a hose will collapse is under vacuum, so the only ones at risk of doing so are the ones BEFORE the turbo (ie between it and the air filter) if the airfilter is too restrictive.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I have been informed by NorthLoopCup the Clio 197 crank is 1.5kg lighter :) Unfortunately I found out too late to get one for mine but it would be a better starting point for you.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I have been informed by NorthLoopCup the Clio 197 crank is 1.5kg lighter :) Unfortunately I found out too late to get one for mine but it would be a better starting point for you.

On a turbo car where you arent pulling monstrous revs often, what do you perceive to be the benefit of a lighter crank out of interest?

Personally I find most cars drive nicer with a bit of momentum in the crank and flywheel anyway, stops the revs dipping too much when you are changing down gears etc.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
On a turbo car where you arent pulling monstrous revs often, what do you perceive to be the benefit of a lighter crank out of interest?

Personally I find most cars drive nicer with a bit of momentum in the crank and flywheel anyway, stops the revs dipping too much when you are changing down gears etc.

I didn't say that. I was just helping out with info to satisfy the spec list from the OP.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I didn't say that. I was just helping out with info to satisfy the spec list from the OP.

Oh you mean he has a 197 crank fitted already but didnt know the weight difference?

I thought you were suggesting it was an uprgade to the 172 crank for a turbo.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Oh you mean he has a 197 crank fitted already but didnt know the weight difference?

I thought you were suggesting it was an uprgade to the 172 crank for a turbo.

No, he wants a lightened flywheel and crank. And getting a 197 crank at -1.5kg would be a better start than the 182 crank. That's what I was getting at.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
So many different configurations and options to consider.. Minefield is not the word

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No, he wants a lightened flywheel and crank. And getting a 197 crank at -1.5kg would be a better start than the 182 crank. That's what I was getting at.

Ah same question to him then really, what does he perceive as the advantage of a lighter crank on this engine?

Clio 172 182 197 200
Please call in any time.

There has been a small issie with this the turbo we were sold as new and refurbed looks like its been shot blasted and cleaned up and no knes fittted the bearings back in :/

So after a dispute with PayPal over £700 we have just sorted out a new one from E.D :)

Andys on holiday this week but progress will start on his return