ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Duf. Clean.

53 Clio's & counting
Well cleaner that it was.

As it passed it's MOT today I thought id treat it to a good polish with all the equipment we have at work.

I have no idea what im doing cleaning wise (reminds me to PM Gally lol) and I kinda gave up after a while but it definately looks better than it did.

So from this:

2012-06-23125340.jpg

To this:

2012-06-23135916.jpg

2012-06-23135925.jpg

2012-06-23135933.jpg

2012-06-23135943.jpg

2012-06-23135955.jpg

2012-06-23143129.jpg

2012-06-23143138.jpg

Fiesta ST-3
I can't help but feel that paint really needs to tlc to get its shine back... Maybe a machine polish? What did you do cleaning wise? Nice car though.

53 Clio's & counting
Scott, you don't know the half of it lol, that was a 10 minute skim over with the machine poilsher and an old pad - it's 10x better than it was, but needs a proper detailer to do it, rather than me lol.

To be fair, being so over cast didn't help the pictures, under the lights in the workshop it was a lot more shiney, but it's a lot better than it was, plus runing your hand over the paint now doesn't feel like sandpaper

Fiesta ST-3
Scott, you don't know the half of it lol, that was a 10 minute skim over with the machine poilsher and an old pad - it's 10x better than it was, but needs a proper detailer to do it, rather than me lol

Wow really? Did you use any glazes/wax?

53 Clio's & counting
Nope, literally gave it a quick once over as the paint work was getting very poor, and it was starting to have marks staining on the paint. Much better now, and il do it again and use some decent wax to seal it at some point soon :)

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Try some Prima Amigo, it's a glaze and you can apply it with your machine polisher, smells lush too!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wire wool and some autosol on that exhaust will make it 10 times better boyo.

If we eventually cross paths I'll do it as I have a healthy supply of both and i'm a bit anal with shiny exhausts.

53 Clio's & counting
Wire wool and some autosol on that exhaust will make it 10 times better boyo.

If we eventually cross paths I'll do it as I have a healthy supply of both and i'm a bit anal with shiny exhausts.

Lol what do you mean what if you bender, your the most common person I see on this forum lol x

I was planning on sorting the exhaust, but if im honest I just ran out of botheredness - my backs giving me hell this week, so im now laid up in pain on the sofa wishing I hadn't bothered lol - though it really does look a lot better than it did

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just meant that the last few cars you've had i've never been about.

53 Clio's & counting
Thats because Iv been buying about 3 Clio's per day :eek:

Actually, thats a good point you never saw my first exclusive, my other silver ph1 I had before that, plus my VR6 or ther Xsara - I do have a quite a problem.

Promise you will see this next Exclusive, once the engines in that is lol

53 Clio's & counting
Tell me about it Mike, it's nice knowing I can brake hard without the chance of the bumper falling off lol :race:

Just popped out to try to get some better pictures, but with it still being overcast, trying to grab a few pictures in between the 10 second gaps of sunshine didn't really work lol, but here they are anyway.

I REALLY need a proper camera, my Galaxy S really doesn't do the job.

As you can see in the close up picture, it does have a shine, but still has swirls marks which needs sorting - a Proper detail will do it the world of good, unfortunately I can't do that - still, I don't think it's too bad for 17 year old paint

2012-06-24114450.jpg

2012-06-24114435.jpg

2012-06-24114428.jpg

2012-06-24114416.jpg

2012-06-24114408.jpg

2012-06-24114224.jpg

2012-06-24114218.jpg

2012-06-24114209.jpg

2012-06-24113646.jpg

2012-06-24113615.jpg

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Meticulously Tweaked :approve: very much approve......legend

ThIs car is deffo the slut of cs lol

Astra SRI/ Hornet
What these like to drive russ? Do they feel old and under powered/braked or still a match for say a ph1.

53 Clio's & counting
Meticulously Tweaked :approve: very much approve......legend

ThIs car is deffo the slut of cs lol

Lol! I think everyones had a go ;)

Looking fresh, love a williams!

Hope you've declared that steering wheel to your insurance. :rasp:

Cheers mate

They added it, but actually said I didn't need to, first time iv been told that by an insurance company lol

What these like to drive russ? Do they feel old and under powered/braked or still a match for say a ph1.

It's a bit unfair to compare Duf as it's been modified, but a COMPLETELY standard Williams IMO would not keep up with a 172 - there would not be much in it, but it would be a little quicker, a little more grip, better brakes, little less steering feel.

Lightly modified in either though, would be about the same - a remap (with specifically a higher rev limit) makes a huge difference in a Willy - the standard limit is 6400 rpm, and even the standard ones pull nicely to around 6700rpm. Also means you can reach 60mph in 2nd, which you can't in a standard one.

The problem is down to age though, as most are either on worn old shockers, or aftermarket ones, so it's very hard to compare - A nicely lightly modified Williams is much more fun to drive than a near standard Ph1 though, you feel much more connected in a Willy, but the seating position helps with that, as do the seats, which are THE best seats to come in a Clio.

Brakes as standard go off too early, but with a decent set of discs and pads they are fine, not as good as Ph1 brakes but they are larger so id expect them to be a little better.

The Willy feels more urgent, the gearing is fantastic for road use, so you have to use the box alot, which makes the driving experience more fun :)

They are noiser, they have more creaks, and need more regular maintinance than Mk2 Clio's, but thats expected due to the age.

but everyone, and I mean EVERYONE loves it - I swear 90% of the public knows what a Williams is, as all I get are good comments :)

Duf is a good comprimise, enough power to compete with a RS Clio, 172 brakes and suspension, and looking standard - Old skool with a few new skool improvements

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
Really??? Ive always found newer cars are always better braked and faster. I mean I loved my 205gti but it wasn't a patch on my 172cup. I thought with these it would be the same.

That was to zmaster.

Good honest reply cheers russ.

120d M Sport
Looks a bit rough :(

Too low on the back, pedals are horrid and has the rear wiper hole been duck taped over?

Sorry to be harsh just looks like it needs a fair bit of TLC.

53 Clio's & counting

Too low on the back, pedals are horrid and has the rear wiper hole been duck taped over?

The back is the right height to match the front matey, ignoring wheel arch height, and going on sill height, it has a slight rake to the front as all Clio's like :) the pictures don't show it great mins.

The pedals are not great, but helps heel and toe, and if you check out my project thread, I have had a lot of work thats been done and the things like the pedals are bottom of the list :)

The rear wiper hole has indeed been taped - unfortunately the bootlid has seen better days, and the hole has rusted into an oval, which means I can't get a bung to fill it - I will be doing more of a better fix than the tape, but it's been living in and out of th garage and I needed to cover the hole to stop any water ingress, so it's taped on both the inside and outside of the hole.

So more TLC is needed but it's a work in progress :)

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Really??? Ive always found newer cars are always better braked and faster. I mean I loved my 205gti but it wasn't a patch on my 172cup. I thought with these it would be the same.

That was to zmaster.

Good honest reply cheers russ.

Prprobably have to agree there, but still very capable.

I fitted a set if cheap cams and bigger brakes, combined with a remap there was a vast improvement

Driven a few 172's and 182's and they just don't do it for me :-(

53 Clio's & counting
Fingers crossed mate, the problem with these older cars is it's never ending lol, and can get Faaaaar to OCD!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

You should have seen it 8 hours before Russ bought it....

544772_10150593111926184_927126626_n.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That car is destined to soldier on.

Its like Christine (does anyone remember that film?) and its got a heart beat. Its a living breathing thing.