ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dyno'd my 1.4 16v at Fast Show

ph2 172
Hiya, got my little 1.4 16v dyno'd at fast show my dynotech by dyno dynamics. To be honest I wasn't that impressed as they couldn't even get my name (James) spelt correctly they wrote Jason instead. Anyway the car before me had been previously dyno'd a week before by another place and it came out at 210hp, it was a charged fiesta st, and when it ran on the dyno at fast show it ran 165hp which is a 27% difference.
According to their dyno mine ran 90.5hp, which out the factory the spec says its 98hp standard. Mine has various modification and was hoping for more than than, but if their dyno is about by around 27%, that means mine is around 115hp which is the figure I was looking for.
Here is the result, the torque line is lovely i think :)
Comments??

87ccdb54.jpg

ITB BG 182
That thing at fastshow is crap, it said for some one in the club i was with that their car was only 200 ish bhp. But the RR people insisted it was accurate.

Got back home and had it RR'd on Monday and it knocked out well over 300bhp.

Also, if you didnt notice the fan they used was one thats used to blow up big inflatables like bouncy castles through a slot that is no more than 9" wide and 2" high.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That thing at fastshow is crap, it said for some one in the club i was with that their car was only 200 ish bhp. But the RR people insisted it was accurate.

Got back home and had it RR'd on Monday and it knocked out well over 300bhp.

Also, if you didnt notice the fan they used was one thats used to blow up big inflatables like bouncy castles through a slot that is no more than 9" wide and 2" high.

lol... dear me

Megane 225 F1
My 1.4 made 116.

But of course that can't be true. Why? Because CS says so. And lets not forget, CS knows everything.

Megane 225 F1
No mine shat 172s ;)

No it didn't really. Compared to a 172 it was slow, but it was a rapid car for its small engine. But of course it didn't really have 116 did it...... ;)

Breaking 172 NV676
The Rolling road at fast year was well off.

It was proved by one of my local club members, had his car RR the day before fast show at evolve in Luton and ran 217 bhp. He then took it to Fast show where it ran 165 bhp. So pissed off was he that he went to another RR in northampton ran it there and it pulled 213bhp. Took all three prints to the Fast Show RR and his money was refunded pronto and was told to disappear.

They are just there to take your money.

ph2 172
nice. you shouldve came to RStuning and found out the real bhp though! :rasp:

are you after a 172 rear/front bumper and or cup spoiler lol?

I would have but was skint at the time :)

View attachment 74778

This is it, its called a B-Air dryer and is capable of moving 2500 cfm of air, it was about 6-9 feet away from each car placed on a single plastic chair held by some one that looked no older than 10.

this is why i ran with the bonnet open

They are just there to take your money.
TRUTH

Attachments

• 531196_10150634916095823_709050822_10024869_1031324998_n.jpg
    531196_10150634916095823_709050822_10024869_1031324998_n.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 58
  ITB BG 182
the fan they used is a carpet dryer ie it blows warm air, bonnet open or not that fan is going to do f**k all for any readings.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Did people actually pay money to do that? Seriously? I'd have looked at that setup and turned straight around.

120d M Sport
No mine shat 172s ;)

No it didn't really. Compared to a 172 it was slow, but it was a rapid car for its small engine. But of course it didn't really have 116 did it...... ;)

Everyone with a 1.6 says 'its rapid for it's engine size'.

Did you ever have a go against a 106 gti or a Saxo VTS ;) ?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Everyone with a 1.6 says 'its rapid for it's engine size'.

Did you ever have a go against a 106 gti or a Saxo VTS ;) ?

lol a lad who used to be on here had a ridiculous vts engined vtr (same thing i know) that was on some silly horsepower with just a cage and seats inside... apparently it ate standard 182s lol