ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E46 330Ci - Chav Content

Disastra Coupe
Well, i already know (and knew when i bought the car) that CS doesn't particularly approve of my latest purchase entirely. However i love it, the fuel consumption is a bit harsh but other than that i'm really starting to connect with the car - a lot more than i expected to! My general opinion of German stuff has been that they're just dull soulless things in the past but the Beemer is starting to change my mind!

Anyway when i got the car it was siiiiilly low! So i've now raised it 15mm all round and spaced the rear wheels out 15mm. Other than that carbon badges, led white sidelights and just a few touches to neaten it up really.
When we had snow i also reversed it into our gate (dumb f**k) so i've got to get the rear bumper painted.

Plans are basically to eventually refurb the wheels (black again, i know you'll all say silver but the black has grown on me) and erm - that's about it really.

8518403323_2521e4905f_z.jpg

zimbimmer by chippen172, on Flickr

8519516134_581906336d_z.jpg

zimmer by chippen172, on Flickr

8518403501_88da14f049_z.jpg

bimmer by chippen172, on Flickr

8519516556_d18cd5e4fe_z.jpg

beemer by chippen172, on Flickr

BMW F21 125d
It sits well, everything is fine for me except the black grill (get one with black outers & chrome slats that came on the four cylinder engined cars) and the exhaust, that must be changed to something subtle and standard.

Disastra Coupe
The thing with the exhaust - i wasn't certain at first... But it sounds sooooo nice. I really don't want to lose it! It's perfectly quiet when driving normal, you could get away with saying it's standard. Then when you put your foot down it just gives a nice 6 cylinder rumble, nothing loud at all just a really nice noise. I think i'd miss it if i got rid!

Thanks though folks.

Last edited:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Exhausts are awful. Genuinely awful.

Other than that, it's ok, looks good from the front. Not as nice as your flamer ;) Bet its a nice drive though and if your happy, that's that really matters chap.

Disastra Coupe
Exhausts are awful. Genuinely awful.

Other than that, it's ok, looks good from the front. Not as nice as your flamer ;) Bet its a nice drive though and if your happy, that's that really matters chap.

I'll be honest - the Flamer is one of only 2 cars i don't regret selling. The thing was a nightmare and i never properly enjoyed it :( Shame as i wanted one for so long!

Thanks though :)

BMW F21 125d
The thing with the exhaust - i was certain at first... But it sounds sooooo nice. I really don't want to lose it! It's perfectly quiet when driving normal, you could get away with saying it's standard.

No you couldn't, it's not even a M3 replica exhaust, so never, in a month containing only Sundays could you get away with saying its standard. I used to have an E46 M3 and can appreciate a nicely modified car but the exhaust really let's it down IMHO.

Disastra Coupe
No you couldn't, it's not even a M3 replica exhaust, so never, in a month containing only Sundays could you get away with saying its standard. I used to have an E46 M3 and can appreciate a nicely modified car but the exhaust really let's it down IMHO.

I didn't mean appearance wise... OBVIOUSLY. Thought that was implied with me talking about noise.

BMW F21 125d
I didn't mean appearance wise... OBVIOUSLY. Thought that was implied with me talking about noise.

Couldn't you get a local exhaust place (power flow or whatever) to fabricate you a new rear silencer?

I miss the rasp from my old M3, heavenly.

Disastra Coupe
Couldn't you get a local exhaust place (power flow or whatever) to fabricate you a new rear silencer?

I miss the rasp from my old M3, heavenly.

Yea, maybe but i really am sick of people like powerflow/exhausts uk. My Flamer never sounded great and it really annoyed me.

Being as the exhaust on this has grown on me so much i'm going to just leave it - like i say, i know the car/exhaust isn't to everyone's taste but i'm happy with it :)

Disastra Coupe
TBH that's all that matters.

Exactly dude... Jealous of you owning an M3 though. I detailed one for a mate once, offered for me to take it a spin but i refused just in case anything had gone wrong - kicked myself for it ever since.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Well i really like it, even the exhaust, although my taste in exhausts doesn't fit the CS mold either lol..

Clio 182
I with the haterz on the exhaust, like it otherwise. There are nicer ways of making a straight six sound as nature intended!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Needs proper M3 rear wheels.

Personally not for me, I'm more of an OEM lover nowadays but if you're happy that's all that matters really.

Disastra Coupe
Needs proper M3 rear wheels.

Personally not for me, I'm more of an OEM lover nowadays but if you're happy that's all that matters really.

From what I've read you can't fit the rears without MAJOR arch modifications... Otherwise I would!

Clio RS200 GW
Its nice very nice nowt wrong with power BMW,s if you can take the fuel hit. Went out in mates M3 the other day £40 worth of fuel 93 miles niceeeeeeeee not !!!

Disastra Coupe
I kinda don't understand why the exhausts are sooo bad tbh. I mean, everyone can have an opinion - but 182's have twin exits, it's a girls shopping car. Plenty of other car's have them also. It fits the car well, isn't massive (no bigger than m3's just further apart).

Like i said, i knew CS wouldn't like them - if it isn't standard CS never likes anything but you know... lol.

I kinda don't understand why the exhausts are sooo bad tbh. I mean, everyone can have an opinion - but 182's have twin exits, it's a girls shopping car. Plenty of other car's have them also. It fits the car well, isn't massive (no bigger than m3's just further apart).

Like i said, i knew CS wouldn't like them - if it isn't standard CS never likes anything but you know... lol.

It's not horrendous, but it just shouts wannabe to me. Unfortunately exhausts are one of those things that straddle a fine line between oem + ..... & chav.

172 CUP
Mates got a M3 csl smg and it's awesome (one from top gear), would love one soooo jealous, got to admit i like the way yours is atm :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

But you have double the exhausts as needed. Would it be cool if an M3 owner had a backbox with 8 tailpipes?? It looks chavvy. It's only my opinion though and that doesn't really matter as it's your car.

Apart from the tints, the black wheels and the exhaust, I quite like it.

Just me that doesn't mind the exhausts then?

Not a fan of the wheels personally but it's definitely a good base car to work on and make your own.

Bar the exhaust I quite like it! Think grilles always look better black, but then again that might just be because I hate chrome!

Disastra Coupe
But you have double the exhausts as needed. Would it be cool if an M3 owner had a backbox with 8 tailpipes?? It looks chavvy. It's only my opinion though and that doesn't really matter as it's your car.

Apart from the tints, the black wheels and the exhaust, I quite like it.

Well I'd say that's being a bit daft, of course 8 exhausts wouldn't look good. Are we saying then if BMW spaced an m3's exhausts further apart it'd be chavvy?

Thanks though!

Bar the exhaust I quite like it! Think grilles always look better black, but then again that might just be because I hate chrome!

Same, chrome looks so old manish IMO. If it had chrome grills I'd change them lol. Cheers.

Just spotted this under your avatar so popped in for a nosey.

I also dislike the exhaust and wheels, but I am a fan of the black grille and height.

:)

Disastra Coupe
Haha, cheers Wick. I know it isn't to everyone's taste but i love it. Never expected to like a german barge so much tbh!

They are nice motors ekaj, your RB looks awesome though!

TT QS
i love this. wheels dont bother me being black and the exhaust doesnt look bad either. specially if it makes a good sound.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I still just cannot get on with that exhaust, if you had it removed would you have to have the bottom spoiler on the rear bumper changed too?

Do you definitely not fancy silver wheels? It'd freshen things up