ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

e46 Number 6. 330i Sport Touring. Auto.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
After buying the 197 on the 31st March, I lasted 19 days without owning a BMW :eek:

Saw this on PH last Friday evening, viewed it on Saturday afternoon, collected it yesterday morning.

Its a 330i Sport touring with autobox, black leather, heated seats, xenons & sunroof - so all the decent stuff bar the nav really. Only 100k miles, full BMW service history and rather amazingly for a car that is 10 years old, BMW warranty!!! I'd go as far to say that its the most complete everyday car ive owned, all the best bits of the e46 re: c0ckpit, driving position, comfort, speed & handling, but with a bigger boot and some really clever practical touches.

After the last coupe, i also realised that for my 90 mile daily commute an autobox is great - although perhaps thats just me getting old!! I did however decide that an e38 7 series was simply too barge like, hence yet another e46. For the money, i really dont think there is a better mid-size car out there, i much prefer it to the latest e90's in fact ...

Excuse the pictures, they are the sellers - i cant clean it as we have a hosepipe ban! And i cant be bothered.

1.jpg

2-2.jpg

3.jpg

a1.png
6e1606fc.jpg

564b1fe1.jpg

i <3 it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I like it, but then I am a bmw fan.

Have you driven many E90's Dave? What is it you dislike about them compared to the e46?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Really? No like really?

How many cars do you go through a year! haha!

In 18 months - TT225, 3 x 330ci Sports, 320d Sport, e46 M3, 197, 330i Touring - 8. Thats not too bad lol :eek:

Your a lost cause .

You go through cars like no other

I'm just trying to find the perfect combo really. Cant seem to bring myself to sell the Trophy you see ... Also, dont see the point in owning a car if you dont like it. On a test drive something may seem cool, but living with it is different. If i dont like it, i buy something else. Simples.

I like it, but then I am a bmw fan.

Have you driven many E90's Dave? What is it you dislike about them compared to the e46?

Yeah, i had an e92 320i M Sport coupe for 3 months, interior build quality wasnt as good imho, steering was lighter and it just felt too big for a small 'family' car. Have also tried the newer 320/330d with a view to buying one, but just didnt think they were worth the extra money. I could buy 3/4 of these for one e91 330i Sport Touring.

Last edited:
  320d
Like it. Autobox does make great sense for a commute.

I'm sure you'll know this Dave: Does the touring get any different MPG to the coupes or saloons? What kind of MPG are you expecting?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That looks bloody lovely, shame about the gearbox, but it's lovely all the same. Can't believe you got rid of the 197 though.

Genuine question, aren't you at the point now where you have to register yourself as a trader to the DVLA? Isn't it a certain amount of cars per year?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Shed! Paid too much for it! Too much mileage! Wrong box! General negativity etc.etc.etc ;)

On a serious note swap front wings? :p

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Being a Auto bum boy im supprised you didnt look/buy this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-BMW-...omobiles_UK&hash=item4ab692fd66#ht_562wt_1185

Although it's so cheap its a bit suspect?

Thats a steal!!! Although ive had one with that interior before, & it irritated me after a while.

Also, i hadnt seen it/it wasnt for sale last week, or i would have bought it anyway lol.

I'm sure you'll know this Dave: Does the touring get any different MPG to the coupes or saloons?

What kind of MPG are you expecting?

Well, the 5sp manual & 5sp auto seem to do roughly the same, so i traditionally get 29-31mpg depending on how late i am for work. Manual 6sp did 33-35mpg for the same driving. Estate seems to be roughly the same as the coupe so far, although i would expect it to be a little worse overall due to additional weight/more drag.

That looks bloody lovely, shame about the gearbox, but it's lovely all the same. Can't believe you got rid of the 197 though.

Genuine question, aren't you at the point now where you have to register yourself as a trader to the DVLA? Isn't it a certain amount of cars per year?

Havent sold it yet lol - wanna buy it? Re: the DVLA, think its 7 cars per financial year.

Not sure they mind, probably make a fortune from me in private plate transfers :eek:

Shed! Paid too much for it! Too much mileage! Wrong box! General negativity etc.etc.etc ;)

lol, on a serious note though, it owes me half what yours owes you :p

How much was it if you dont mind me asking? Also what kind of MPG can you get out of these if doing shorter journeys?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
lol, on a serious note though, it owes me half what yours owes you :p

Heres a first for cs. Happy for you, hope you enjoy it :) I love mine and couldn't care less how much yours cost :p

Although when I was looking I didn't notice the 330's were cheaper than the 320's generally. Almost persuaded me to get one

Given the badges of trade, the number and frequency of transactions would count against him
However if he hasn't made a profit, its questionable.

As far as im aware the case law is unclear.
Cars are exempt from capital gains tax, and VAT if not 'trading', so HMRC would only be interested in any profit for personal income tax.
Just did a quick google, http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=717079

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I love it, that is a right daily bus.

Dave, I wish I was in the position to change cars like you do. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Given the badges of trade, the number and frequency of transactions would count against him. However if he hasn't made a profit, its questionable.

I always assume that you will get into trouble changing as often as i do if you make a profit.

Its safe to say that i dont lol ...

I love it, that is a right daily bus.

Dave, I wish I was in the position to change cars like you do. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, im pleased with it so far, i think my ideal combo is an e46 and a Mk2 clio.

Cost wise, if you can find out what i paid for the Trophy, it was £125 more than that :D

Leon Cupra 300
Love it.. touring is the correct choice, auto is correct choice, 3.0 is correct choice, xenons is correct choice...

Why is everyone obsessed with it's mpg! If you're worried about fuel costs then don't buy one (or anything else petrol with 6+ cylinders!) I literally put the card in the pay at pump, hold the trigger in till it clicks and then drive off. Don't even look how much it's taken!

I also secretly prefer the MV1 to the MV2 on the saloon/touring/pre facelift coupes.. prefer MV2 on the facelift coupes only.

Love it.. touring is the correct choice, auto is correct choice, 3.0 is correct choice, xenons is correct choice...

Why is everyone obsessed with it's mpg! If you're worried about fuel costs then don't buy one (or anything else petrol with 6+ cylinders!) I literally put the card in the pay at pump, hold the trigger in till it clicks and then drive off. Don't even look how much it's taken!

I also secretly prefer the MV1 to the MV2 on the saloon/touring/pre facelift coupes.. prefer MV2 on the facelift coupes only.

I asked about MPG because I am considering one next, and the I do a lot of short journeys (i'm an estate agent and would use it for work), so real world experience is useful in knowing whether it will bankrupt me going for petrol which I would rather have than the diesel equivalent.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love it.. touring or coupe is the correct choice, manual is correct choice, 3.0 is correct choice, xenons is correct choice...

prefer MV2 on the non facelift coupes only.

Edited for you.

Leon Cupra 300
I asked about MPG because I am considering one next, and the I do a lot of short journeys (i'm an estate agent and would use it for work), so real world experience is useful in knowing whether it will bankrupt me going for petrol which I would rather have than the diesel equivalent.

I used to average 27mpg out of mine (auto), Not really long journeys but kind roads with zero traffic (start at 3ish) that was being careful...

I'd imagine if you add traffic, town work, housing estates etc you might get early 20's.

320d

Highroller.

MPG is obviously a factor with any car you buy. Not many people would buy a car that does 10mpg for example.

The reason I asked about MPG is because I know the 330i's do really good mpg for the size of car and engine.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Jesus. If that cost you what I think it cost you then that's an amazing buy.

I'll expect to see it gone in a few weeks for 1k profit.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Jesus. If that cost you what I think it cost you then that's an amazing buy.

I'll expect to see it gone in a few weeks for 1k profit.

Hee hee, i did ok, especially considering the 4 new Bridgestones and 8 months tax lol. But no, it wont be for sale anytime soon i dont think, its actually perfect for my needs & once the 197 is sold, will give me a nice chunk of cash to put towards my 1st house. In addition, i just spend a small fortune on transferring over the BMW warranty!

Glad you approve :eek: Has a power socket in the boot, so on the way to Le Mans = cold beers in the fridge (for passengers anyways)

The reason I asked about MPG is because I know the 330i's do really good mpg for the size of car and engine.

Yeah, its not bad for a 3.0 petrol. Its only ticking over at 2.5k rpm or so at 80 leptons, so the engine is hardly stressed at all.

Compared to the 197, which is doing 4k rpm at the same speeds :S

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I have not been keeping score

What happened to M3

Does the man now have a 197

Is the Trophy staying

Will this car be here next week

???