ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceburg silver 172
Hi all,

ive found the fault on my 172 and its a faulty injector, now if i buy a new one is it easy enough to change myself? as when i spoke to someone they said new ones have to be programmed in?

im not to fussed about paying to get it done but i would rather learn how to do it myself

thanks in advance

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, piece of piss to change and no programming needed.
torx bits remove engine cover, 10/13mm deepsocket to get fuel rail guard off. 10mm remove the two retaining bolts for rail itself then prise the rail off, it'll feel like it ssticking a bit as the o ring seals hold it into the head on each injector. Then remove the clip on the suspect injector with small flat blade screwdriver or pair of small pliers. Then wrap in old wrag (to soak up fuel) and pull gently out of the rail.

replace is reverse

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Im an idiot and I managed it!

Unplug the fuel hose thing on the left, undo the electrical clips, pull the rail out, replace the faulty injector then put it back together!