ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

easy way of putting front strut assembly back in?

RS182 Full Fat
I have made up some new struts .. standard 182 cup with slight lower eibach springs and pms top mounts. Getting the original out was a bast*d. I'm now trying to get the new strut assembly back in position but i cant pull the hub down low enough to meet the bottom end of the strut. Is there an easy way? If i disconnect the toe rod end from the hub will it go down more?.. or do i need special tools to disconnect the tie rod end? Ta for any help.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You need to get the car up high (trolley jack at max) and get a big metal bar through the wishbone and under the subframe and then lean on it with all your weight.

Don't bother undoing the tre/ ball joint.

RS182 Full Fat
Thanks Daniel I'll try that. I've never tried done front suspension before so have been learning as I go along.

RS182 Full Fat
lol yep that was my problem. only had one side jacked up and so the front antiroll bar was pushing up the side i was working on. ta