ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eBay help.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Sold some trainers to a lad.

Meant to arrive 3 days ago. He finally emails saying.

"s**t! just realised its gone to my old address on my pay pal account!! Should have come to 10 peterborough villas sw6 2at!

Will try and get in contact or please redirect to that address if post office get in contact!!

Sorry about this!!

A"

Ive since screen shotted the paypal transfer page which has his 'wrong' add on the eBay confirmation that has it on and a few other places. Also got the emails from eBay with "ship to" add on.

So where do we go from here?

He lives in London now I assume and went Uni in Leeds hence his 'wrong' Headingly address. If someone at that address has now robbed/sold whatever the shoes and he can't get them who's fault is it?

The only address I was given was the leeds one multiple times.

Is the ball now in his court?

Sent the item 1st class, insured.

Thanks

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
So I can just leave it upto him to try and sort?

He's paid me etc so I'm happy.

Guess he'll have to raise it through eBay etc?

Never had anything go missing/wrong address etc.

Cheers lad.

As far as you're concerned the deal is done IMO, if he raises a dispute then you have the backing and proof you need.

I'd leave the ball in his court.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
OK.
I had the same problem as you, he opened a dispute and he won cause I never had a tracking no.
Paypal state in the small print that its is the sellers responsibilty to ensure that they obtain a tracking no. for any item sent in the post. END OF

Your best to file a claim with Royal mail after 10 days.

Tesla MP3 2021
Claiming from Royal Mail is a real ball ache, I am 2 months in and still waiting.

I learnt the hard way, always send via Recorded or Special Delivery otherwise as said above if they open a Paypal dispute 9/10 you (the seller) will loose and the original funds will come out of your PayPal account.