ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eBay purchase

PAJ

clio, astra, Ldv 400
Would you buy one off eBay without seeing it ?

Just been watching one and sold for £1291

172 cup, few dents, very slight oil leak, only one key, no service history except for sept service with lots done including belts. 1 months tax and 4 months MOT

Last edited:
  Clio 182
I wouldn't buy a car without seeing it tbh. You might save a bit on the purchase price but hidden repairs could be far greater. If it's a private sale you can glean a lot of information on the owner and his/her treat ment of the car while you're viewing.

I drove around 100 miles to see my 182 (the again to collect it). I think a lot of people CS have done the same.

Accord 2.4
I wouldnt, because i dont have the mechanical ability to fix it if its a wreck lol, my mate has done it many times just turning up and handing over the cash without test driving etc!!

I had a 320 mile round trip to collect mine

Mk1 Focus RS
no i dont think i could, i travelled by train to crewe and back to nottingham to look at my clio, then took the train back the following week to buy it and drive 70 miles home.

could end up costing you a fortune or if your lucky it only has the problems thats stated, just depends whether you want to take that sort of risk.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I just did and got my 53 cup with elec recaros for cheap. Needs a dephaser, but I budgeted for a cambelt/dephaser. Risky though.

No, don't buy a car without seeing it. Unless you have deep pockets or are a mechanic.

Shop around, you can still view cars that are in eBay auctions before you click the Bid or Buy Now button, it will honestly save you a lot of hassle. What's a £100 in travel costs to help track down a nice example? (e.g. multiple viewings)

ph1 track weapon
have bought 2 from ebay. a ph1 and a ph2. ph1 was spot on really, fully serviced and a very tidy little car, ph2 was a bit scabbier but still mechanically sound. tbh if i won the car and then went to collect, if not as described i'd leave without, although where possible, if its not a million miles away, have a look first if you can!

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
I've brought 3 cars the latest being a Rover mini last year and have had no problems. Just do your homework on the car your buying and ask the normal questions you would do when buying a car.

I bought blind from ebay last week. Although as said previously if it was way worse than described I'd walk away. You can get a decent deal from an ebay auction as not many people will buy blind.

have bought 2 from ebay. a ph1 and a ph2. ph1 was spot on really, fully serviced and a very tidy little car, ph2 was a bit scabbier but still mechanically sound. tbh if i won the car and then went to collect, if not as described i'd leave without, although where possible, if its not a million miles away, have a look first if you can!

Spot on tbh, Both me and my dad have bought cars off ebay without looking at them first - if it's cheap it's worth the risk. simple as. If it's not cheap then you may aswell go and look at it. If it's not as described - just leave.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Would you go on a blind date?

Same rules apply. Apart from there is over a grand at stake as compared to crabs/herpes/virginity.