ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ebay second chance function

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  a burnt one
Ok, so someone from America has just bought my phone on the bay, he has no feedback and has not yet sent payment, can i offer it to someone else via the second chance thing? would i be breaking any rules?

The next highest bidder was £2 less but next to his name i have the option to offer him a 2nd chance.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Toyota MR2
yes you can. and if he accepts then you can cancel the original transaction with the winning bidder so you get your final value fee back. otherwise they will take a final value fee twice.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
35   0   0
  VW Golf GTD
This is why you add buyer preferences to auctions, and state payment in so many hours in auctions.

Up to you though, how long have they been registered?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  a burnt one
yes you can. and if he accepts then you can cancel the original transaction with the winning bidder so you get your final value fee back. otherwise they will take a final value fee twice.

Thanks for that, i've sent him the 2nd chance thing but what happens if the American sends payment in the meantime?

I have emailed him and told him not to send payment as i will have to adjust postage costs, i realise this is my fault for not stating i wouldn't post overseas but wasn't expecting a yank to bid on a phone he can probably buy new over there for half the price he won my auction for.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Shdhdhd
happend to me!! he wil cancel his account soon and you wil not have to pay 2 final value fees and you will get emails outside of ebay asking you to send it to nigeria then they will say your account has been closed cos you didnt send the item from an stupid email like paypa.l-support or some crap that they make up lol

just report them as non paying buyer

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Toyota MR2
Thanks for that, i've sent him the 2nd chance thing but what happens if the American sends payment in the meantime?

I have emailed him and told him not to send payment as i will have to adjust postage costs, i realise this is my fault for not stating i wouldn't post overseas but wasn't expecting a yank to bid on a phone he can probably buy new over there for half the price he won my auction for.

Guarantee he wont send payment so i wouldn't worry about it. Contact ebay about him saying he hasn't send payment and you think he's a fraudster etc etc and ask them to cancel the transaction and give you a final value fee credit so you can give a 2nd chance offer to the 2nd highest bidder.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  a burnt one
Here is the Americans response to my email, now im no English expert but im guessing even though his name is Bill he is neither American or English.

"Email me back to arrange payment because i am tring t pay and all i can imagine is payment error, so get back at me fast because i want to pay today before the night ok.

Thanks and i await your fast repond."

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  a burnt one
Ok, so he has sent payment (£30 more than the auction ended for) then sent this email.

ADDRESS CONFIRMATION,, SO PLEASE THIS I MY PARTNER CONFIRM ADDRESS I WANT THE ITEM SEND OUT TO:-

Dolfin k Jones
31 Akinlada street
Abesan estate,
Ipaja Lagos State
Nigeria. 23401.

THANKS AND PLEASE HELP ME MAKE SURE THAT IT IS POST OUT TODAY BEFORE THE POST OFFICE CLOSE FOR THE DAY.

Obviously it's a scam, how do i convince ebay of this scam and return his money?

Edit; just checked my paypal account and theres no money there.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Shdhdhd
Like I said the email is fake. Notice u can't click the links

You don't need to do anything apart from report it as unpaid. They wi close their account soon cos you wi leave bad feedback and know they have been caught out

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It is a con mate, someone posted something up very similar not long back. Exact same message.

Trader Rating - 97.5%
39   1   0
  Clio DCi 65
Ok, so he has sent payment (£30 more than the auction ended for) then sent this email.

ADDRESS CONFIRMATION,, SO PLEASE THIS I MY PARTNER CONFIRM ADDRESS I WANT THE ITEM SEND OUT TO:-

Dolfin k Jones
31 Akinlada street
Abesan estate,
Ipaja Lagos State
Nigeria. 23401.

This is the wanker that bid on my N97 last week. Tosser.

Go onto Ebay and try and get onto live chat help, i said to them about him being foreign and said i'd forward them the emails, they took the charges off my account and the second chance offer guy paid instantly.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
35   0   0
  VW Golf GTD
This is why you use buyer preferences,

Uk Bidders only
Credit Card on file
Atleast 2 positvie feedback

Job done.