ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EBC RP1 - RPX - Anyone used these yet?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
As above.
EBC don’t exactly have the best rep when it comes to pads but these seem to be a totally different ball game and totally different to anything EBC have done before.

Anyone have any feedback on them yet and how they compare to the competition?
I’m running Pagid RS29 and want more bite and a bit more temp range up top on track. But I’m not prepared to use any Carbon Metallic pads that spark up from cold and have corrosive dust that will eat wheels and paintwork.

Answers on a postcard please. 🙂

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Wasn't aware they did these for Clio calipers now.

Heard a few Mégane guys say they're good.

Not much help mind, as I've no experience of them.

I'm happy with my Winmax W5, there's enough bite in them to lock up in the dry.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Nope, I use Bluestuff, which is actually a great pad already.

Unfortunately I can’t get the RP-1/X in my fitment without them doing ‘lab pads’ otherwise I’d be giving them a go. Everything I’ve heard about them from people who’ve run them says they are fantastic.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Wasn't aware they did these for Clio calipers now.

Heard a few Mégane guys say they're good.

Not much help mind, as I've no experience of them.

I'm happy with my Winmax W5, there's enough bite in them to lock up in the dry.

Im seriously considering adding Brembos and 2 piece discs so potentially looking for a new pad. The W5 had caught my eye too but they’re still a high metallic compound so will be sparking up at low temps which will eat my wheels/paint on the street.
Glad to hear you’re getting on with them though James.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Nope, I use Bluestuff, which is actually a great pad already.

Unfortunately I can’t get the RP-1/X in my fitment without them doing ‘lab pads’ otherwise I’d be giving them a go. Everything I’ve heard about them from people who’ve run them says they are fantastic.

If I swap to a Brembo, I can get the pads to for those.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Im seriously considering adding Brembos and 2 piece discs so potentially looking for a new pad. The W5 had caught my eye too but they’re still a high metallic compound so will be sparking up at low temps which will eat my wheels/paint on the street.
Glad to hear you’re getting on with them though James.

Are the RP pads not full metallic then?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
someone on youtube called spark plug steve uses them

I’ve seen he’s been using the RPX. I don’t know the fella but it’s came up in a YouTube search. Historically EBC pads are junk, but these are supposed to be quite something. They’re reported to be quite different to many other pads out there, not that I think EBC have reinvented fire or anything.
They’re quite sensibly priced so caught my attention.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
They were doing a deal with a free set of the other new Pads they were doing for megane fitment. Believe Kev from Kam racing would know a lot more how they perform..