ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU cover nut on turret

Almost embarrassing to ask help for such a small problem, but am having trouble removing the nut on the OS front turret. It's spinning on the thread. Tried prying with a screwdriver but it isn't budging. Any ideas?

IMG_0122.JPG

Rusty Cup
Mine looks exactly the same. I ended up bending that nut/bracket bit over with some pliers and pinched whats left of the ecu bracket.

Not the prettiest solution but works well enough.

Thanks. Wanted to get the nut off to put two large washers on there to retain the broken tab on the ECU cover. Not enough thread for another nut and washers. May have to try a nut breaker.

2001 clio172
Almost embarrassing to ask help for such a small problem, but am having trouble removing the nut on the OS front turret. It's spinning on the thread. Tried prying with a screwdriver but it isn't budging. Any ideas?

View attachment 1467243
Grind the nut off and redrill the ecu bracket it will just about reach to rebolt it back on thats what i done.