ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ecu locked after impact with lights... yes again

vectra+clio172 cup
Okay so I desperately need some help and advice chaps. I live on the Isle of Man so as you can imagine help is kinda scarce.
I know we have had this question kinda before but here is my situation.
I have the following lights on:
Serv, airbag, ecu
apparently my car had a frontal shunt but airbags weren't inflated.
A renault mechanic did a homer for me and apparently it shows tensioner circuits open and seat belt tensioner also open but most importantly he couldn't do anything with it because the ecu is locked.
Now he has suggested going into renault to get a proper diagnostic check and see if they can do anything but he said it will probably need a new ecu and only from there it would then perhaps need new set belt tensioners and under seat jobs. He said the ecu could be £300 plus then labour at £85 per hour to sort the other stuff plus parts. Major money!!!
Is this right or is there a cheaper way to sort as I can't put car on the road without this with our test on the Isle of Man. It is the only thing stopping me from getting the car legal as all other advisories are sorted now.

I see people suggesting you can get your existing ecu to reset by sending to them by post through ebay, but surely once you reconnect it you will still have open circuits showing the tensioner problems so back to square one??

My biggest issue is that I live on the Isle of Man but if I was assured someone could sort and was confident they would fix I would jump on the ferry maybe, so give me any suggestions and I'd appreciateit.

thanks