ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU mapping

Clio 172 mk2
Is there anyway to map the OE ECU on a Mk2 172..I know it can be done on other makes (ECUtek on Subarus and Revo on VAG cars) but what about the Renault?

Don't really want to go to the expense of standalone ecus as I'm not going for many mods but was thinking a remap would help get the most from a good exhaust and filter.

Any help/advice much appreciated

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
lots of options these days, as you can see from above....

all slightly different in what they can achieve, depends on the application its for and mods and future plans

Clio 172 mk2
Cheers for the relplies

Piggyback would probably suit my application fine....I just don't want to go through the hassle/expense of ditching the whole OE ecu if I'm not going to go for TBs/turbo etc.

I'll look into the smt6

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Neil G said:
Cheers for the relplies

Piggyback would probably suit my application fine....I just don't want to go through the hassle/expense of ditching the whole OE ecu if I'm not going to go for TBs/turbo etc.

I'll look into the smt6
nick @ hillpower has the mapping equipment to map the standard ecu he has been doing it for quite a while now its about £285

last time i contacted chipwizards he wanted 450+vat ish.. very expensive but he is good.

that price from nick hill sounds really good.

remember a maps only as good as the mapper..

Clio 172
I believe Yozzasport can now reflash your whole Renault ECU. No need for piggy backs or additional ECU units.

chip wizards is very good..met him through 2live and become friendly..his set up is one of the best ive seen....he is a don at remapping.
Normally when i visit he is either remapping bespoke marques ( bmws porche's etc) or race cars!
mention williamsclio or gibbo for a slight discount.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Wayne at chipwizards has been in the business for yrs now, well known and seemingly good results.

Clio 172 mk2
Any contact numbers for chipwizards.....where is he based or does he travel to map cars?

Clio 172 mk2
Thanks for the replies...plenty of options to choose from!

Mike....what kind of gain are we looking at with the fastchip group N ecu upgrade....what parameters does it alter to make more power/torque?