ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Springs, not what people think?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
So same ride quality on both sportlines lower bout 30mm prolines dont lower at all or if so how much do people reckon ??

I cant decide which to go for either ! ? Are bothe fine on std shocks or better to stick with proline on std shocks ???

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Its bugging me today. Call them Pro-Kit springs. Then retailers will know what people are talking about.
I have Pro-kit springs and they are very nice. Difference is minimal over standard rideheight 10-15mm lowering max.
Sportlines will lower a max of 20-25mm if all goes well on the RS.
Sportlines are a progressive rate spring. Pro-kit are mostly constant spring rates. Both in reality offer a similar ride so the saying of 'pros for go, sportline for show' should be laid to rest. I'll dig the spring rates for these out to confirm and will post details.

Kev

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Its bugging me today. Call them Pro-Kit springs. Then retailers will know what people are talking about.
I have Pro-kit springs and they are very nice. Difference is minimal over standard rideheight 10-15mm lowering max.
Sportlines will lower a max of 20-25mm if all goes well on the RS.
Sportlines are a progressive rate spring. Pro-kit are mostly constant spring rates. Both in reality offer a similar ride so the saying of 'pros for go, sportline for show' should be laid to rest. I'll dig the spring rates for these out to confirm and will post details.

Kev

Thanks Kev

Ok to run either on std shocks or not really a good idea ?

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
True new OE shocks, sportlines and AST top mounts has made a big difference to mine for not much outlay, I have tried both on the cup and I couldnt tell much difference between except the sportlines give a cup a better stance

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Spring rates of the Eibach Pro-kit
Front 18-27 N/mm; 160- 239 lb/in progressive
Rear 28-70 N/mm; 248- 620 lb/in progressive

Spring rates of the Eibach Sportline
Rear 40-85 N/mm; 354- 752 lb/in progressive

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
What are the figures for lowering for a 172 ph2 for each kit. I take it the figures they quote are not for a 172.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Spring rates of the Eibach Pro-kit
Rear 28-70 N/mm; 248- 620 lb/in progressive

Spring rates of the Eibach Sportline
Rear 40-85 N/mm; 354- 752 lb/in progressive
Wow ! that is a surprise as the rears are harder then the AST race springs although the fronts are similar to the AST road springs when they are fully loaded.

Thanks Kam