ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electrical fault from heaters??!!

172 MoNaCo.....
hey i posted on here the other day as a fuse blew in my car and there was a strong burning smell.well i replaced the fuse and its holding but there is some sort of electrical fault behind the dash on drivers side.
evrytime i put my heaters on i can hear the wire buzzing and burning out.
not happy with this at all.
anyone had this problem before?was it expensive?and cud it burn the car out?:(
thanks
liam

Vee 6
It either a bad connection or the heater motor or resister pack is on it's way out.

The fuse is doing it's job and blowing when to much current is being drawn through that circuit .

You'll need to get it checked out by an auto spark or somebody who knows there way around it.

Don't what ever you do put a higher rated fuse in there, It won't blow and may catch fire..... Motor's can pull a fair bit of juice.

172 MoNaCo.....
cheers mate, no i know that, i just replaced it with the spare 20amp fuse.it seems 2have calmed down a bit the smell is goin slowly.do u think its still worth checking out??

Vee 6
Alot of the grief people are having just now is down to road wash.

The salt water being thrown up and around our motors is unreal, And it's conductive so any that finds it way into joints and connections track and cause's all problems.

You may find as it dries out things will get better.

I'm doing lots of rear lights that are knackered by road wash just now.