ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical Fault Light After Dead Battery

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi,

For the past couple of months, the electrical fault light would come up on my dash and then the car would start to misfire. Finally changed the coilpack around a month ago and that sorted the problem. The car then ran better than ever. Cue another problem!

A couple of weeks after, the snow came and my car battery died. I thought it was due to snow at first but then noticed I'd left the interior light on through the night :eek:. Got my dad to jump start car and went on a long motorway drive to charge up the battery. But when my dad jump started it, all the clocks we're reset and the Electric Fault light came on and hasn't gone off since.

The car runs fine and I've started getting a true reading of mpg again etc but the Electric Fault light is still on.
Could it be that I need to replace the battery? Thought I'd ask on here first rather than splash out on a new battery that I may not need.

Thanks in advance.

valver & 2002 mk2
+1 for this question, since i got my car the battery has drained enough to refuse a full turn over twice and both times the coil light came on. This time it hasn't gone off within a few hours. New battery required but what's the relation?