ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Bay Goodness!

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
Well been off work and been bored so thought i'd do something to the engine! cost about £15.00 to do all in but took up quite a bit of time:dapprove:

Products used, Gloss black spray, Primer and Lacquer to do the engine cover. Gloss Black Hammerite to do the plenum black bits and bits on the fuel rail guard, Wet and dry sand paper to sand down the plenum and fuel rail guard and then some autosol to polish everything up!

Anyway as I've worked my hard on it I thought i'd take a few pics and do a thread:rasp:

Before - Tired and boring:dapprove:

S6300138.jpg

After - All nice and fresh!:approve:

S6300160.jpg

S6300161.jpg

S6300162.jpg

S6300163.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
black bit around the Renault badge looks a bit messy what method did you use, ie did you paint around the letters or paint it all black then sand the letters back?

looks alot better though nice one!

yeah failed on that bit with the brushes! leaving it a few weeks and then going over it again, painted it all black and the sanded the letters down yesterday

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Brushes??

WTF

It also needs to be laquered IMO

Not feeling it at the mo

to be honest its the pictures that don't do it any justice and plus It's not been cleaned properly etc

Plus the fact I did it all while it was still on the car.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL, this!! Tho in one up its £5.10 a pint of roni'

Aye same in Enigma! Shockin, they have to tell you before you buy it. I tax'd the glass tho, so in the grand scale of things it's a bargain!