ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay wiring and vacume line mess

Golf MK2 GTD
My mates just bought a k reg 1.8 16v

The engine bay and loom is a mess cant find the connector for the radiator fan, a two pin plug for a coolant temp sender is damaged as the wires have came out.

The vac lines are weird threes a solenoid valve under the pas bottle, its connected electrically but looks like it has been disconnected with the vac line to the charcoal canister plumbed directly to the manifold instead of to the solenoid then to the manifold.

there another sensor (map sensor) that is connected to the inlet manifold but has a GM (as in vauxhall/opel) logo on it, but the pipe feeding it has been shortened, so it just rattles about near the pas bottle, looks like theres a bracket for it near where the wiring goes through to the ecu.

A load of engine wires have been scotchlocked too (which I hate) so I'm going to solder and heat shrink them or just fit new terminals if the wires are long enough.

the rubber pipe from the manifold that goes to the metal pipe that is used for the brake servo has been replaced with blue calor gas hose that has started to perish so I plan to replace it.

the pipe next to it that goes from the head cover to the manifold has been disconnected from the head and had a large bolt fitted into the pipe leaving the head to vent straight to atmosphere so I'm going to replace both pipers with some 20bar wp hydraulic hose that I have lying around thats the right size, unsure why its been blocked and disconnected though