ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine bit quick question...

hi everyone i have noticed that in the top left hand corner there is a bit of foam covering up a part what is this for can i just take the foam bit off looks pretty crappy lol!!! also how do you also remove the sound deadening mat under the bonnet? cheers again

Lots of Alfas
The foam part just covers where the air conditioning pipes go into the bulkhead, not sure why it is there. The sound deadening mat is just held on with plastic lugs, give em a pull with a flat bladed screw driver and pull it off.

cheers mate so i can remove the foam then? does it just pull off? the deadening cover sounds pretty easy going to remove that this weekend it looks tattered and old now so going the area up and remove the bloody thing he he he

removed both of these today and what a difference it has made alot cleaner whilst i was there i metalpolished the air con pipes and they have come up a treat..next the engine he he..what about the cover behind the engine can this be removed as well cheers