ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cleaner (quick answer needed)

Clio 172

Hi I really need a quick answer!!!!

I got some engine cleaner today and I am just about to go use it.

Called cd-2 shop series (engine detailing kit)

Just want to know if its safe to use on my clio 16v engine as I dont like the idea of using a hose.

106 GTi

A few people I know have used it. I have always used Autoglym engine and machine cleaner.

Use plastic bags to cover any delicate electrical bits, Battery, Dizzy, be care full hot to get lots off water down the spark plug holes.

Use as little water as you can, I find a damp cloth is all you need in places.

Skoda Fabia vRS

it will be fine mate dont worry, but as above protect anything electrical and it might be an idea to leave the car running for a bit after you have done it, to dry all the water off before you go for a drive only to discover that you got water into something

i got some of this today and just used it. dunno if it looks better or not really? i guess it looks cleaner and a bit shineyer

think u got stuff wet that shouldnt have! mines fine!

and to be fair i drenched my engine! is yours clean tho?

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by clio-16-valver on 26 March 2005

Erm not overly impressed lol

Done an alright job but has f**ked my car over in the process.
Dont worry, its just a bit of water that has seeped through, will take about 100 miles to clear if not a bit more. Give it a good hard drive to try and clear the system

Suzuki SV650

That bug and tar remover is good but it tends to get everywhere where you dont want it to so spray it on carefully or apply it to a cloth before you attack your car with it!

Clio 172

pmsl

Spot the difference! (I know the pics are at different angles so sorry)

I think there is 6 changes! See how many you get from pic A which were different/ not there in pic B!

how is the car running now? all ok again?

i forgot to post my pics! ooops ill take em tomorrow if i remember!

Clio 172

And lol yes it is a DIY heatshield and a very good one at that!

2 barb foil tins with fibreglass inside with metal strips holding it together!

Hole in the middle which goes through original heatshield holder.