ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine conversion (first starting problems)

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Hi all engine conversion is in I have All the wiring connected up to my knowledge I also have all the Ph1 dash loom connected up.

Except for passenger side rear
And. Passenger door

All the light on the dash work and fuel pump is flushing through but won't turn over at all not even the start motor Won't go

I'm guessing this is some kind of immobiliser issue what can I do to get it to turn over.

I'm letting the. Key sync. Up with the immobiliser ATM Help plz???

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Yes all from the sme car all is working dials dash immobiliser light stops flashing when ignition is on ??? But theres like no power going to the starter motor ?

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
Immob lets a car crank normally, Unsure about clios as im fairly new to them. Do you have a good direct live to your starter? And is your earth straps on ?

Vivaro van
If all your dash lights are workin id say its a minor problem like earthing cables, prob the starter earth like whats been said

1.2 daily +172 ph1
My earth straps were not connected up as I did not think this was I'm operant but I'm in the process of this now car ran and started fine before it came out the ph1 will let u know ASAP any further information

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
Earth strap ? :eek: Just for futre peoples reading. Earth straps are vital, As the current needs to return to the battery. And seen as though the Starter is earthed to the engine this means it wont get back to the battery as the engine is sitting on rubber mounts. And im sure you know electricity does not travel through rubber :)

SQ5
Just for other people they are

- behind passenger side headlight
- onto top of gearbox near starter motor
- copper strap to gearbox inside passenger arch

Also the battery earth goes to the same place as first one listed

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
Earth strap is to earth excess electricity in the loom, clio's have 3 in the engine bay,
Obviously i know what they are if i told him to check them :) I could of worded my sentance better TBH. I was asking him if it was the earth strap that was the fault. cheers anyway (y)