ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine conversion

A number of clios
right seen as ive lost so much money on my clio in the last 3 years i dont really want to sell it now as ive put alot into it so i was thinking of doing an engine conversion which would be a good route to go down would like a turbo lump in really

ive bin looking into the 172 conversion and then turbo it but its a bit costy any others i could consider???

i no you can get any engine into any car if you no what ur doin but would like as little cuttin as pos

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
drop a 172 into it, or if you def. want a turbo i've seen some putting a 1.7turbo vovlo engine in, do a search...

right seen as ive lost so much money on my clio in the last 3 years i dont really want to sell it now as ive put alot into it so i was thinking of doing an engine conversion which would be a good route to go down would like a turbo lump in really

ive bin looking into the 172 conversion and then turbo it but its a bit costy any others i could consider???
172 engine is the easiest. Its good and strong (well its warentied from Renault from new). Its a strgith swop but its litrally a swop the whole engine and dash out and the doner coar stuff in I'm writing a guide at the moment to doing it.

Its a fair bit of work and its never worth it at all you end up often spending as much as a cheap 172 can be bought for for the price you spend on parts.

turbo ur rsi
Not worth it unless you know what your doign and DIY it 12 is easier realy. and more reliable.
i was thinking bout it but it finding a turbo kit for it or someone to do it
BenR or Stan* could do it and if you thrown the money I'm usre they'd take it £6k or so your looking which even with the worst possible 172 conversion bills is still twice what a 172 conversion would cost.
drop a 172 into it, or if you def. want a turbo i've seen some putting a 1.7turbo vovlo engine in, do a search...
The Volvo ideals been done before the recoent threads for the conversion have stopped I think the ideals been panned.