ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Failure!!

RX-8
Sad sight on Saturday, the AA had to tow away the 182 with suspected top end damage guy reckoned it's either thown a belt or Camshaft failure. The cars with the local dealer at the moment so should find out tomorrow whats actually happened. Shouldn't be surprised I guess but not the sort of thing you expect at 31k!!

Real pain is that it freezing at the mo and I have a bit of a hike to the station as neither the dealer or Renault will give me a car.

I'll keep you posted!

Jon told me the news on Saturday, gutted.

Surprised that a carefully driven car should expire at such low mileage...

Hope you get it sorted soon Jay

RX-8
Cheers chaps, bit of a shock really, done the odd track day but other then that doesn't get to hard a life, oh well see what they have to say not great for an 04 car though!

Thanks Jon.

PH2 vts
thats shocking for an 04 car!
should all be under warrenty though?
dont know if i'd want another one if the only last that long

RX-8
I did they said that because it was over a year they were under no obligation!
Which was nice of them!

Lee

BMW M2C
Because the car was taken away by the AA shouldn't they supply a courtesy car? I'd look into that mate.

When mine was having probs the dealer said if the AA bring it in they will supply you a car.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah ^^^^ tis true, they get the right hump though and ask you to get one off renault instead... they will try anything to not give you a car :(

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
J182 said:
I did they said that because it was over a year they were under no obligation!
Which was nice of them!

How sh*te is that . If you get a 3 year warranty and the engine goes titups they should be obliged to give you a courtesy car imo .

A woman was driving past me oneday and saw me gettin' out of my old 172 , she pulled over and told me that her 172 cambelt had snapped on 8k .

Hope ya get it sorted mate :)

Renault never cease to amaze !

MrBillyUK !

Mondeo STTDCI
How does the AA/Renault Assist thing work when you buy the car? I mean do you get 3 years cover or what?

BMW Z4 3.0i
Renault Manchester always supply me with a car any time it is in for at least the best part of a day. The only thing is you have to book them about 2 weeks in advance, you can't have them without notice as they're always in use.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
seems to be a recurring theme here,, great cars crap dealers. everytime i've been to renault enfield i always seem to overhear arguments at the service desk!!!:mad:

Clio 197
Gosh that's unlucky...

Sometimes sh*t happens with engines... thank goodness for warranty eh?!

I'm knocking on 38k myself now... :S :S

172 cup TT
When mine was in with its engine being replaced (almost 10 weeks!!!) i demanded a courtesy car but they WOULDNT pay the insurance on it!! it would be about 70 quid for 4 weeks!! on a bloody modis?!?!?!!.. thats more than i pay for my cup a month (£40) - i told them to piss off and borrowed my mates old banger... oh and before you ask.. yes im allowed to drive other cars on my insurance but there was some wierd clause for a courtesy car.. cant remember exactly the problem now tho...