ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine light i think...Need help!!!

Renault Clio Dynamique
Quite a few times this week i have accelarated and the car jurks a little then the red engine management light i think (Shape of engine with stop in the middle) flashes along with the red stop light. Nothing seems wrong as i drive but the light wont go off until i stop turn off the engine then back on and the light is off.

Any suggestions as to what this might be

Cheers in advance :)

M

mini-valver

It's the coolant temp light. Coolant temp sensor is probably buggered, causing the jerkiness. Not much to replace but get it plugged in at a garage just to be sure. Circa £30 for a read-out....

M

mini-valver

Well, £30 for it be be plugged in and tell you the fault. If it is the coolant sensor it'll cost however much the sensor os then labour if you get a garage to do it (Easily DIY though)....

Chocolate Bar™
local place to me does the CLiP diagnostic for a tenner. however renault wanted £72 to do the same job so deffo worth ringing around.