ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mounts/Oil Smear..

Noticed a small smear of oil from around the area of the plastic blanking cap (camshaft?) on the RHS of the engine when facing the front of the car. It looks like it might have got there from the rocker cover gasket (?)....Anyone else had this...did a search and found a Capn Slarty response which was scary...

Also with the engine cover off I have been man handling the engine to see what sort of movement there is from the engine mounts and Im getting a clicking side from the LHS engine mount. I would imagine this would be amplified when the engine is running....

Should there be much movement/noise?

Ta......

it should move about 1/2-1 inch when its nice........no noise should be associated with the movement.

And i dont understand the oily bit......pics?

Ben

Ill try and get some pics - It was a crap description.....

When you talk about movement do you mean by hand or when the engine is running and being revved...?

Ta

Arjun

when you have the handbrake up, and rev the motor whilst slipping the clutch to biting point.......just to check the mounts.