ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mounts

clio 172
Where exactly can all of the engine monuts for my car be found??

172 02 reg

i have been told there are 3 is this correct? the obvious one i can see is the opposite side of the engine bay to the battery....and i have the bottom twisted dog bone one...is this gearbox mount or engine mount?

cant see a third, i would asume its near the battery somewhere, im not taking the car to bits to find it,, anyone know if there is one there??? :S

And last question if any of you guys know, where is the best place to get a set of them....i am unsure whether to get the k-tec uprated dog bone bushes, as i have heard these put strain on the others:dapprove: really unsure what to do....anyone got any ideas on a price on a set, i do know the dog bone bushes are around £40

i would appreciate any advice:rasp:

Clio 172mk2
u have the ones u see from under bonnet

left hand side , one under the battery ,

then from under car u have the one to back of engine (dogbone one)

there maybe one more carnt remember

4 mounts
One on the drivers side you can see.
One the battery sits on.
One the dogbone which is at the back of the gearbox attaching it to the back of the firewall and one on the gearbox to subframe at the front of the gearbox.

clio 172
if i disconnect my battery will it affect my radio ar anything else in the car which has to be reset??

Has anyone changed these before , would just like an idea on price

Focus ST
vomboy 172 said:
if i disconnect my battery will it affect my radio ar anything else in the car which has to be reset??

I believe it will require you to put the code in on the radio (if you remove the battery). I have seen something that you plug into the cig lighter socket, that replaces the charge whilst the batt is disconnected.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=167164

vomboy 172 said:

Not sure but good idea
Dogbone is about £35
Gearbox one (172/182 specific) about £40
Top drivers side one £50
Battery one £50
I've put the prices up on a thread once but there out of date now and prices can change a lot.