ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine removal - movie and bets!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ok so tonight im gona remove the engine from my 172 from the top.

problems are;

i am in the side single garage which is tiny! cant even get the jack under side on LOL
there is only me to do it
that time will include drianing all the fluids and removing the bonnet , bumper, slam pannel etc
all the driveshafts hubs etc are still on, even the wheels
cant start until 7pm so il have to be real quite as time goes on!

i will film it on the cam! then speed the vid up and post it on you tube.

soo

bets on how long? or if i will get it done before 11pm (cut off time really)

i wont stop the cam for taking a piss etc LOL

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the sticking point and the bits i hate are

the exhaust manifold
the bumper, slam pannel, arch liner removal etc

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
I'm little enough to get into tiny spaces.. but I'm too busy to help you tonight lol.

What a s**t job esp by yourself Id get so bored lol. Any particular reason why your removing it. Boredom/Lack of a GF/or is it confidential ;) :rasp:

i think the correct reason is that ben has enough engines to fit a new and different spec one for each month of the year... hes doing some real testing to find out what one and which modifications are best for his driving style .............. :clown:

getting it out the top is a bit trickier...maybe out by 10?? droppin the engine with the subframes easier..but kinda impossible without a ramp!

LY 182
getting it out the top is a bit trickier...maybe out by 10?? droppin the engine with the subframes easier..but kinda impossible without a ramp!
not really, i've done this with a 2.0xe corsa on a fellas driveway..

use the engine crane to hoik the rest of the car up over the engine.
need a crane with a long reach though

yea iv tried that too but the crane wudnt go high enough / chains were way too long..then i was kinda screwed

340i
Ill bring a 6pack of red bull and 2gram of cokey round later Ben...

I could also pick paul up... We could stand in the corner with a whip, cracking your asse through those tite leather pants you wear? ;)

CS Dungeon
Did mine today, well refitted the engine.

I split gearbox and wedged that in place, then dropped engine in and mated it up with the box.
Took 15mins to get it in and bolted to the mounts.

That was after struggling for an hour to get them both in together:eek:

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
2hours 37 mins!

got it on tape!

that was from wheels down! also bagged up all the nuts and bolts and marked them etc! did it solo bar needed some help with lifting and baring the engine at the end!

will post the vid later!

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Ben....thats hilarious - but HOW many times did you try and pull it out!!?? I love the way the crane hook just appears in view out of nowhere....sky hook anyone! LOL!