ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine swap, mk1 clio.

Hi everyone,

Ive got a clio mk1 1.2, and I really like it, apart from the fact that it is so slow. Ive looked around locally for clio's with bigger engines, but I have found none in as good condition as mine.

Is replacing the engine with a more powerful one a realistic option? If so, or if anyone has done so, please give details.

Thanks,

Nick.

I had a Mk1 Phase3 1.2 - spent a lot of money on it (bodylit, alloys, exhaust, badboy bonnet etc..) and even then, it was more cost effective to buy a quicker car.
Not only the engine it's suspension, brakes etc.. also.

That's when I bought my Williams. I'd probably have my 1.2 back tho as a 2nd car.. but hey.. hehe.

182BG
like daz said, there is alot of money going into it because you have to upgrade everything. to be honest i think your better off to bite the bullet and just buy a quicker car. of course you will miss it but we all gotta move on i guess. just spend time searching for a good one, don't rush in to buying one!

Slap a 1.4 engine in - buy one for 50quid and a couple of hundred to bang it in. Thats an extra 20bhp for less than you'd spend on a set of alloys.

williams 2 turbo
to get a 5 turbo lump fitted is 500 quid, all you have to do is get a complete one from ebay for a couple of hundred, and job done. you'll have the brakes suspension, everything you need.

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
I think torsion tuning (????) do a 16v conversion for 500 quid, can't remember though