ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine whine noise when still

172 (PH2) Silver
Afternoon

Just opened the bonnet on my 2002 172 and there is whine from the top of the engine, the engine is not running but the key has been turned so all the electrics are on, if you nudge it the sound changes if you know what I mean? I put my ear right next to it and it sounds like its next to where the 2 allen key screws are to remove the cover,

the only reason I noticed this because my fans have just stopped blowing today, so I was 'inspecting' fuses all seem ok, any ideas? fans wont work on any speed.

Audi A3
whine is somehting in your ngine engaging (not sure what) but i asked the same question and it is completely normal

and resistor pack i found online and used he guide on here to replace. didnt cost a fortune

172 (PH2) Silver
cheers, yeh the only reason I noticed the whine was because I haven't had the bonnet open for a while, cars running fine, belts all done in January, just never heard it before and panicking as you do!

I'll check out the guide, im not very technical but i'll give it a go

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yeah the throttle body makes some strange noises when the ignition is turned on. Could always unplug it to make sure it is that

172 (PH2) Silver
got the resistor out, should be alright to drive for a couple o days shouldn't it? what about the gap I've left :/