ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

evo - Clio 200 Cup v Peugeot 208 GTi

172 Cup
New issue of evo landed this morning. It's got a nice twin test of alien green CL10 CUP against the new Peugeot 208 GTi in Wales.

Let's just say, even with 8 years extra development the competition hasn't quite caught up.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
@Kosy - Whats on the front cover ? want to buy it but want to make sure I dont buy the wrong issue. Pic would be great too.

172 Cup
I get a subscriber copy so it doesn't have the same cover. It's issue 247 though, May 2018.

Peugeot has the legs initially but the Renault chassis shines through with better feel, ride and handling. Good result considering the 208 GTi is their current pick of the mini hot hatches (no Fiesta ST at the moment).

172 Cup
The 208 seems to be a step in the right direction for Peugeot and the competition can only be a good thing. It wouldn't tempt me out of a 200 EDC or lightly used Megane though.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Pug dashboard and steering wheel are grotty (not that the Renault interior is up to much). Plus it really doesn't feel fast (in standard guise).