ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo Trackday - Bedford Autodrome.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Thought I'd throw up a little video of yesterdays trackday at Bedford organised by the guys at Evo Magazine. This was my first track day, and I was very impressed with how the Golf performed! Spent a lot of time overtaking people, which felt good. (Although, was slightly nerve racking overtaking expensive stuff ie 993 Carrera RS).

The start of the video is my friend (And shouty driving tutor for the day) spinning in her MX5 after I caught her up.

[video=youtube_share;yFm5boLhPm4]http://youtu.be/yFm5boLhPm4[/video]

http://youtu.be/yFm5boLhPm4

As for cars that were there? Quite a few porsches, Elise's, BMW's etc etc. Really nice chilled out atmosphere and the guys from EVO were very chatty and friendly.

This caught my eye though. Supercharged K20, estimated 350bhp.

14523552044_2fa7562fa5_c.jpg
DSC_0065 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

Aforementioned friend did also bring her Alfa, but it was being an Alfa so didn't actually run.

14338548137_06f55be029_c.jpg
DSC_0054 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

And of course...

14501889246_34d5da3567_c.jpg
DSC_0057 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

So would I do it again? Yes. Yes I would. The Evo trackday was only £125 and £10 for helmet hire. As said, it was a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere there with both experienced drivers, and people like me taking the plunge onto track for the first time.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I loved Bedford when I went before. Looks like you had a good day

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice one Jason. I love Bedford .. that looks like the SW circuit ? It's not the full monster GT one (which is superb BTW)...

Glad you enjoyed it !

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nice one Jason. I love Bedford .. that looks like the SW circuit ? It's not the full monster GT one (which is superb BTW)...

Glad you enjoyed it !

That'd be the one! Was so good. Did test my brakes quite a lot though...

Who was there from Evo? Would love to have a long chat with most of them. Oh, and the trackday!

A few of them. More notably Jethro was taking people out in an F Type, and Richard Meaden had the R8 V10 there. Also got a nice Evo Goodybag at the end of the day ;)

Astra VXR NBG ED
How did you find the evening? Plenty of track time? I know we can get a full day for 139 but sometimes full days are unnecessary!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Use them less ;) You'll go faster.

Superblue ATE (?) fluid FTW.

Ha yeah I was told I'm too long on the peddle. Also the discs and pads took a beating.

How did you find the evening? Plenty of track time? I know we can get a full day for 139 but sometimes full days are unnecessary!

It felt like more than enough for me! I would've been a bit wreckless doing any more just for the sake of my car. It may only be a Golf to some but it's the most expensive thing I own so don't want to completely fook it!