ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Whats central on the dash? A plug in heater?

Yes its just a little heater, but its for demisting the windscreen. I dont actually think i need it though as theres enough air flow though the car not to mist up the screen when its raining!

Oulton on the 25th of June?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Front Camber = -3.45
Front Toe = 0.40 (toe out)
Tyre Pressure = 30psi (hot)

Rear Camber = 3.0 Roughly
Rear Toe = not sure, a little toe in though
Tyre Pressure = 30psi (hot)

Suspension is AST sportline 2's (race set up)

About half way on the damping settings
Fully soft on the rear

The ride height is allready quite high compaired to a lot of clios! I didnt get chance to play with the damper settings on the last trackday so i will have a play with them next time!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Well Oulton Park does have a weigh bridge but i totally forgot to take it there! I've allways aimed for 800kg but i suspect it might be a little heavier!

The Ultraleggers + Slicks are 20kg lighter than my F1's and r888's.

Cup In bits
Car is going good in the vids, were you running slicks there?

As has been said, heighten the rear or lower the front to get the weight over the front wheels. Not quite the same level but the principle is there, I have just built a road car with cup shocks, sportlines and RARB. The car sits with some rake and the rear is obviously stiffer than the front roll resistance wise and what a good handling car it is. It always sticks with me that Fred said have the rear hard and the front soft and it works perfect.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks the car was going quite well at oulton, I was using R888's in the videos. Not used my slicks yet!

The car handles very well but its when i'm going really fast round the corners it understeers a little and i'l like it to be a bit more aggressive on the turn in! I will try one thing at a time i recon. So i'll stiffen up the rear AST's and see if that helps!

That's properly quick in the video - fair play

I'm not sure I'd be happy running without a speedo and rev counter - you not thought about just wiring a simple stack dial in ?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Try some toe out on the rear if you really want it to turn in better!! I have run shims on the back of mine to put a very small amount of toe out on mine and the results speak for themselves! You look like some kind of drift hero as well! Lol!

From the factory they run quite a lot of toe in. Even a small reduction in this improves them.

Try some toe out on the rear if you really want it to turn in better!! I have run shims on the back of mine to put a very small amount of toe out on mine and the results speak for themselves! You look like some kind of drift hero as well! Lol!

From the factory they run quite a lot of toe in. Even a small reduction in this improves them.

That's quite interesting - I have some toe shims from K-Tec I was going to try on the rear but they're cheap plastic things and wasn't sure if they'd make much difference

Cro

Meg'd r27
Love it mate, coming along really really well. How are you finding looking down and not seeing a rev counter or speedo?

182cup & 172 racecar
That's quite interesting - I have some toe shims from K-Tec I was going to try on the rear but they're cheap plastic things and wasn't sure if they'd make much difference

yes they do, thats why I asked. Even parrallel it would be better. But what do I know.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
I might have missed this in this 92 page thread, but wondering whether you still have the key, immobiliser etc?

If not, how have you got around this? Thanks... great thread btw

TrackCar & F30 330d
That's properly quick in the video - fair play

I'm not sure I'd be happy running without a speedo and rev counter - you not thought about just wiring a simple stack dial in ?

Love it mate, coming along really really well. How are you finding looking down and not seeing a rev counter or speedo?

Why would he need a speedo? :S

TBQH, the last thing I would want is a speedo.

Yeah i'm not bothered about a speedo.

I have a Blue LED in the middle of my "Dash" which i was going to use as a shift light but never got round to wiring it in.

But TBH i have just got used to the sound of the engine to change gear. I didnt hit the limiter once at Oulton and its not like i was been driving like an old man. Allthough some old men do drive fast don't they Tony ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
I might have missed this in this 92 page thread, but wondering whether you still have the key, immobiliser etc?

If not, how have you got around this? Thanks... great thread btw

I threw away all the wiring. And i made a new Engine loom and Interior loom. So no key or Immobiliser!

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
best way, if its not seeing the road theres no need for most of it

Completely agree... and this is the direction I'm going with my car. As I'm useless with electrics, I'd ideally need to pay an electrician to do this... any idea of the cost of the materials and the labor time?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Understeer!!!!! What Understeer?????

3A71E26D-305E-4CCA-80D8-3582DF9BE63F-5312-0000036EB479528F_zps89189483.jpg

So these are 1.0deg camber shims which i will use on the rear to give me some toe out! Hopefully this will improve my turn in :)

On another note, friday i get the car its wash after its trackday at Oulton Park a few weeks ago and started to give the car the once over to check everything. Upon looking at how much brake pad was left i noticed they had crumbled away on the inside pads!!! So i had to remove them for further inspection.

0277EC6A-356F-4C5B-956E-F5E2D179E5D4-5312-0000036FA446050C_zps5cd6f8da.jpg

So as you can see they have fully had it! So i will be looking to replace them. I want a fully race brake pad and may go for Performance Friction or maybe another set of CL's

The discs are worn a little funny too so i might have to replace them too :(

​Money Money Money!

TrackCar & F30 330d
There was plenty of life left on the outer pads but the inside ones had crumbled away!

They have served me pretty well to be honest.

Two Bedford Autodrome trackdays
Castle Combe
Quite a few laps of the Nurburgring
Oulton Park
8000 Road miles

But it still they shouldnt fall apart!

I will buy a new set of pads and a set of Brembo HC's this time as i really dont need the Max's

Dmallett, i just put a 1mm think washer in the bottom iirc. but i will be using these shims for Toe out.