ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

TrackCar & F30 330d
So the Relay worked when i earthed it to the car. It should be the ECU earthing the connection to make the fan work but it doesn't at the moment. hmmmm

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
don't think you can run the shift light as alt function 1 is running the vvt (v-tec output can't turn vvt off again at high rpm)

BG182 FF
Just took a few hours to read through the whole thread. My brain is really exhausted now flol. Really nice thread and a pretty stunning car.
Really much reasonable mods and efforts! Have a good trip for all time!

Btw: whats up with the H&R 's? I'll buy them :)

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Just been going Through your complete build thread these last couple of days and your car is excellent mate, love the attention to detail you have put into the clio, I only which I could afford a throttle body upgrade like the one you have on your Clio, top work.

I don't suppose you could tell me where i can find the same trim that's going around the carbon fibre panel below?
911E5A9E-7F5D-42CD-9DEA-C75DD8F5B10E-3487-00000211F27BB21C_zpsac4bb3ce.jpg

Cup In bits
Search edge trim on eBay mate, all sorts of sizes and some of its designed to go around inside and outside curves a bit better than pictured too.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Holy thread revival Batman

Chris, what's happening with the car? Have sat and read through the whole thread, amazing work

53 Clio's & counting
And now its mine!

As some of you know I had to sell the Ph1 - wedding funds were running low so needs must. This I was very sad about as it really was something I wanted to finish. Lucky for me, my good friend @Jamie86 came to the rescue and we came to a very happy deal where he got my Ph1 and was able to go racing a lot sooner than he could have and I got his Ph2 rolling shell which is of course @chrispy.clio 's old car :)

This one has the same plan - it will be having a 1.8T 20v VAG engine going in - in fact the engine is sourced already thanks to Dan at SJM.

This will also be used as a working advertisement for my company www.sw-autos.uk so expect to see a lot of parts I sell going on the car - it will also be used as a test bed for various things - Dan and I have a few things up our sleeves.

I also wanted to keep a complete history of the car, so decided to carry on with this thread rather than start a fresh one.

So thanks again to Dan for doing the running around collecting it for me!

Here she is - I'm afraid to say a shell of it's former self (Excuse the pun!)

20151003_132137_zpsyda3pup7.jpg

20151003_132157_zpspgkkilit.jpg

20151003_132111_zpsg4ldt9am.jpg

20151003_132207_zpsr8xoh7ad.jpg

20151003_132217_zpsaihqbmgb.jpg

20151003_132105_zpsmqjmg4fn.jpg

20151003_132057_zpsaah6diag.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
And now its mine!

As some of you know I had to sell the Ph1 - wedding funds were running low so needs must. This I was very sad about as it really was something I wanted to finish. Lucky for me, my good friend @Jamie86 came to the rescue and we came to a very happy deal where he got my Ph1 and was able to go racing a lot sooner than he could have and I got his Ph2 rolling shell which is of course @chrispy.clio 's old car :smile:

This one has the same plan - it will be having a 1.8T 20v VAG engine going in - in fact the engine is sourced already thanks to Dan at SJM.

This will also be used as a working advertisement for my company www.sw-autos.uk so expect to see a lot of parts I sell going on the car - it will also be used as a test bed for various things - Dan and I have a few things up our sleeves.

I also wanted to keep a complete history of the car, so decided to carry on with this thread rather than start a fresh one.

So thanks again to Dan for doing the running around collecting it for me!

Here she is - I'm afraid to say a shell of it's former self (Excuse the pun!)

20151003_132137_zpsyda3pup7.jpg

20151003_132157_zpspgkkilit.jpg

20151003_132111_zpsg4ldt9am.jpg

20151003_132207_zpsr8xoh7ad.jpg

20151003_132217_zpsaihqbmgb.jpg

20151003_132105_zpsmqjmg4fn.jpg

20151003_132057_zpsaah6diag.jpg
Well at least you've seen sense and opted for the far superior ph2! Lol! Que the flaming!!:smilingimp:

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
remember this parked at work when it was still remotely "standard" many moons ago, and I still have mine thats depressing... :-\

53 Clio's & counting
Nothing to update, the only thing I have had time to do is pull most of the remaining wiring out :(

I have picked up a new OEM look from Dan @ SJM which I will be cutting down and fitting.

There is a reason for the OEM look going in as we have decided on a slight change of plan for the car.

I have been weighing up my options on what to do - The 20v conversion will still being going ahead, but due to personal circumstances I am not going to be able to put the amount of money into the car right away. Bear in mind the 20v engine is being rehoned and rebuilt, plus I have no parts needed (such as ECU, intercooler, turbo, driveshafts etc etc).

So I have been thinking on what to do over the past few months and after many many chats with Dan, we have come up with a new plan.

As said, the 20v conversion will still go ahead, but only once I have managed to save up to do it in one go.

Conveniently, I do have this spare (LOL at a 'spare' 172. Though I do currently own 4 Clio's, but I digress)

IMG-20150828-WA0002_zpshnq71u8i.jpg

IMG-20150828-WA0004_zpsw2gbtxpx.jpg

So the plan is to pull the running gear out of this one (Only has about 85k on it, seems to be well looked after, has had a clutch and lots of work recently and a huge folder full of receipts) and throw it in the 182 for the time being - this way I can get the 182 back out and useable again, as it was last on the road in 2012 and last turned a wheel in 2013 (on track) so it's about time it gets used again!

This way we have the rest of the 172 in case we need any parts along the way which we don't have, then I can strip what is remaining and sell on.

The 182 is still fully bare, so has no ABS, TC, ESP, CC etc.

So plan will be to throw the engine, box etc into the 182 - I have a ph2 wiring loom out of Dans Tcup which will be in and I will also use the ECU, keys and clocks out the Ph2 - In theory this should cause no issues with the immobiliser etc as the engine should think it's still in the same car.

This will be done as quickly as possible - Dan has kindly offered to help (As he always does!) so it will be once I have sold 2 Clio's and my Mk5 Golf TDi I have.

53 Clio's & counting
Suppose this is due an update 😂

Well I have a little to share. It still hasn't moved, still buried in the garage, but things are now on the move!

We are moving house, so I needed to speed things up and get it at least able to move.

So I now have my suspension sorted (See pic) and all being well, we are doing the swap in early July, and it will be on the road - The first time in approx. 4 and a half years :)

#fiveweekstogo

Attachments

• 20160530_164921_resized.jpg
    20160530_164921_resized.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 115
  53 Clio's & counting
Next update!

Soooo, the date I said it was due to happen...well things got in the way and it didn't lol.

Since then I have moved house, so have had a lot on! The house needs full renovation, but im still not letting the Clio falter.

I have new seats, and the donor 172 will be stripped of its guts over the coming weeks.

Plan of action is pull the 172 apart, get all the bits ready for the swap (so Engine will be cleaned, sprayed up with new belts and water pump etc) sort the wiring looms out and then it all goes into the 182 :)

I will be doing some work to the 182 in preparation such as heat shielding, and cleaning up the engine bay but all being well the 182 should be rolling on its wheels by January at the latest - this is very exciting - I will be dropping in updates, but most of them will be in PFC Staff cars

RS RIP
Yes it will be piped up the same way as standard cup, I just need to find out which ports on the master cylinder go to the front wheels and which ones go to the bias valve

Old dig-up ; and CHrispy Clio hasn't been seen here a while but i'm needing this info:

Anyone know which ports on the MC are for front brakes , and which go to the rears ?

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Old dig-up ; and CHrispy Clio hasn't been seen here a while but i'm needing this info:

Anyone know which ports on the MC are for front brakes , and which go to the rears ?

Hi mate, the ports closest to the servo for the front brakes.. ports closest to the engine for the rear brakes