ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ_16v's ITB'd & Caged 182 Track Car (Was Crispy's)

Personally yeah, A degree each side is adding 120 mins of toe out overall. For my current setup I will only be fine tuning so probably add 5 mins per side and then go from there. I would confidently add 10 mins per side to mine but would prefer to work my way upto it and get the data for both :)

182cup & 172 racecar
Chris, bin the washers, not only will they rust and change, they will also dig into the shims and change everything. Get another set of shims to put in.
I've got 2 sets in, 1 for toe and 1 for camber.

You have got to get it on a machine first to see where you are to start with. Then work it out from there.
I had to get different ones for each side as it was toeing differently each side. 1mm toe out overall, not each side lol.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Short update!

After lots of thinking and a few emails to Carbone Lorraine I ended up buying a set of CL pads, but the more aggressive RC6!

These should not crumble away so I'm looking forward to getting my face pulled off with the stopping power!

Also bought 2 sets of Brembo HC discs so the pads eat them to their hearts content!

Painted the calipers black again aswell as buying some new lower ball joints as that was the last thing I needed to replace!

quick pic

E11C057D-77CB-4ABE-842D-F5EB4F6839F2-1137-000000A6AB4780D2_zps2260ded5.jpg

null_zps7ae669d8.jpg

I have made a few suspension changes too to hopefully improve the handling a bit more!

Should be doing a trackday soon but need to think if I can afford it as its in another country!!!!!! ;)

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Chris you will love the RC6, they are bloody incredible pads and are a nice step up from RC5+ if you have used them. Be prepared for some epic squeeling though :rasp:

Are you running spacers on the rear wheels, as i've just put on some hub spacers with 2 degrees camber, this will fix your dodgy washer problem and will get rid of the rotational mass on the wheels :approve:

DSC_0039.JPG

Also how have you got over 3 degrees on the front, i assume you are using AST top mounts, but was under the impression with camber bolts and AST the max camber you can have is 3 degrees? I only ask as i am tempted to get rid of my pure motorsport kit for some AST's.

182cup & 172 racecar
If you have slotted holes for camber in your struts. DO NOT use camber bolts, they will move.

​If I used the top mount for camber as well, I could get about 6deg's, so don't know who told you that.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
If you have slotted holes for camber in your struts. DO NOT use camber bolts, they will move.

​If I used the top mount for camber as well, I could get about 6deg's, so don't know who told you that.

Sorry Tony i must be having a blonde moment, AST top mounts say they can only offer a further 1.4 degrees of camber, and standard mounts with camber bolts is 1.5degrees, (i think) so just under 3 degrees total. What am i not getting? :eek:

Cup In bits
Sorry Tony i must be having a blonde moment, AST top mounts say they can only offer a further 1.4 degrees of camber, and standard mounts with camber bolts is 1.5degrees, (i think) so just under 3 degrees total. What am i not getting? :eek:

I posted a pic above showing standard suspension with camber bolts set to max. 4 and a bit degrees from the bolts + 1.4 degrees from the top mounts = degrees 6 like Tony said he has had.

You want to use the AST top mounts for caster, 4 degrees is going to be more than ample mate.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Indeed, i was really only after 3 on the front. What bolts are you guys using, i presume eibach? I was unaware they offer up to 4 degrees, im currently using the "camber bolts" that are supplied with my coilovers but they have only allowed me to get 1.5 degrees. I'm also running the pure motorsport topmount kit at the moment, i doubt this would effect the amount of camber i could have? I was tempted to get rid of my cheap coilovers and revert back to cup shocks and cooksport springs as i can't afford fancy suspension! It could be a nice setup for the money with 3 degrees and correct caster!

Tell me to GTFO if you don't want this in here chris :D

TrackCar & F30 330d
No pictures in this update, but i noticed that my 172 cup compensating valve seems to have been leaking!! Not from the brake pipes but from the middle bit right at the bottom of the valve!! Its a pain because i didn't really want to buy a new one but i might have a go as bodging it with sealer to stop the leaking! Its cant be any worse than what it already is!

Also as some of you know i have 6 trackdays left on my Easy Track multi pack but as i cant use them yet (maybe not ever) i'm looking to do a trackday soon somewhere as i'm having trackday withdrawal symptoms!!

Might get chance to finish a few bits this coming monday so i have have a little update with some pics!

I read a guys thread the other day where he'd converted to running the rear brake lines in the car
Roll of copper pipe, £35 in fittings and a bias valve mounted next to the drivers seat

Looked a good and relatively inexpensive solution that doesn't require the shitty cup bias valve

Ahhh I did wonder that as I remember you saying something about the in car bias valves only going down to 75/25 or something and cup bias valve is about 8% isn't it?

Would that still be applicable though if you had 4 pots on the front with 300mm discs like me? Surely a bit more bias on the rear might be nice

TrackCar & F30 330d
Tony I'm at the Nurburgring that weekend so can't make that one. It's a shame as I would have liked to have been on track with your car.

I'm very happy with my brake set up being 95% front brakes, apart from the peddle only really working from the last third of its travel which isn't very reassuring! There must be a problem somewhere and I'm hoping it this rear bias valve. I never lock my wheels when the tyres are warmed up, apart from when the Integra span infront of me at Oulton!

TrackCar & F30 330d
My exhaust is too loud for Combe!!! I think i really need to get a silencer made for the exhaust so i can do more trackdays!

TrackCar & F30 330d
At Oulton Park they said i was just about on 105 DB which was their limit, but i didnt get in trouble all day so it might not have been too bad on the drive by!

TrackCar & F30 330d
So today i opened my new Rs232 - USB cable so i could plug my Omex ECU into the laptop so i can make some changes! After loading the driver onto the laptop it connected straight away!!! All those bloody hours trying to get the old cable to work and it never did!!

Anyway, i had made the wiring like this....

null_zps217a267e.gif

And then went to this to set when the fan came on....

null_zps23bb590b.gif

But when the car got to 94 deg the car never came on!!! So have i dont something wrong??

Also i connected my shift light like this!

null_zps3d07ff20.gif

But where do i set the RPM for the light to come on at? is it one of these that i go to?

null_zpsaadc240d.gif

I
thought i had to put the figure into the Engine speed box but i cant seem to edit it!

null_zps4406b402.jpg

Any help would be good :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Regarding your fan and shift light... where are your "ignition 12v" coming from and have you measured them with a DMM to make sure they firstly exiat and secondly aren't being pulled down below 12v?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Should but have you checked they are good along with the connections and the earths?

Mick

TrackCar & F30 330d
Ooooo good idea Jord!

I used to have the fan on a switch so when i "thought" it was getting hot i would just flick the switch so i know the fan works, so i will check the relay!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Foxy is right, check the fan and relay are working... just because they're new doesn't mean they work. Also, I'm not "up" on the Omex systems but it appears there are two configurable fan outputs so make sure you've got the right trigger setup.