ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO Triangle Tonight!! (Pics inside, 56K go away)

FOCUS ST 275
Well i had a bit of an early dart from work today.
Was an ok night so i decided to have a blast at the EVO Triangle in the 182.

Started off at the north tip of the triangle ( a sweet little single track for bout 3 miles, nearly topped out in 3rd at 1 point so its nice, flowing & fast)

STA70109.jpg

After, i decided to tackle the triangle in a counterclockwise direction.

No pics of the left side as i was having way way way too much of a good time.

The bottom of the triangle is basically an average A road, beware of Police on this part. Its really boring so again no pics.

Now the bit from Cerrig up to the north tip, another sweet bit of road, had a nice blast with a biker (182 pwned his ass yow!!) even gave me a wave after.

STA70121.jpg

STA70122.jpg

Massive Straight could possibly top out in 4th down it but i couldn't confirm;)

STA70116.jpg

STA70117.jpg

STA70114.jpg

STA70111.jpg

STA70120.jpg

So 2/3 of the triangle is AWESOME!! Left and Right side, Bottom is just Rubbish.

Its only about 30 mins from my house so i thought it would be rude not to have a blast on a night like tonight.

Think the round trip took 30 mins all together with stops for pics and 1 set of traffic lights on it.

Camera is a bit cack i know, need a better one ASAP!

RB 182 Special.
So where abouts do you live then? It takes me 30-40 minutes of awesome driving roads to get to the 'triangle'. Its a great place alright, but there are better in the area for the clio. ;)

Where did you take the photos on the single track road because there aren't any of those on the evo triangle? It looks like the section of B4501 above the triangle. That's a great bit of road, and very fast in parts. As with the long straight on the B4501 on the triangle through the foresty bit, you're talking 5th gear at times.

Good work getting on there. Glad you had fun. I bet it was very quiet too. :)

RB 182 Special.
where can I find the route for this magic 'Triangle' of tarmac?

I'm on my Wii so can't post a map up, but on a road map look along the A5 east from llangollen until you get to cerrigydrudion at the bottom of the B4501. Now follow that road up to the A543, down the A543, then along the A5 back to where you started. :)

FOCUS ST 275
Triangle is in RED.
Blue is the Single Track i took the pic.
Yellow are some other Single Track roads which are ace, loads and loads of night rallys are done on these roads.

Id you look Top right of the picture by the zoom function
Gellifor is the place i Live.

Triangle.jpg

Just noticed that its right next to cwm penmachno! my mum and dad have a cottage there, gonna go have a weekend round there soon i reckon!

god pics though, looks like an ace course

Turbos.
I did part of it when i climbed Snowdon, awesome roads round there... and eerily empty. At night time i was driving about and it seems no one goes out past 7pm in North Wales!

FOCUS ST 275
Well on the left side of the triangle there were no other cars on it, but there was 2 sheep and a farmer walking.
On the right side of the road, a biker was trying his best to follow and i think i met 2 cars.

If anyone fancys a blast sometime i'll be happy to attend!

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
wish we had roads like that close by, typical weekend drive but should ban the typical sunday drivers lol :) keep up the good work