ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EvoFq3o0 - Another BG 182 :)

Ah ok, I'm trusting Ste to do what he see's best, He know's what purpose I'll use the car and how I drive so building accordingly if that makes sense. I'll try and get more tomorrow, I tried to bribe them to do a load of build pics, but they're always busy.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, It'll be mint! Yeah it was hard enough taking pics of mine while I was doing it covered in oil and stuff so you are probably best doing it :)

The weeks have flown by, nearly two months without my car :cry: Make me sad, but fingers crossed next week will be the one I get it back to do some running in of the engine.

Just wondering if anyone has any input to the setup:

Garret GT25 Turbo
Wossner Rods and pistons, pistons CR @ 9:5:1
Ktec Intercooler kit
Gen 90 ECU
Mac valve boost control
Organic clutch
refurbished gearbox

The usual arp bolts, mls gaskets, and acl bearings are being used but just wanted to mention the vitals.

I can't change anything now but would like your thoughts, hope to achieve 280bhp safety and for it to hold boost up to around 7200rpm.
Chip-mk1 Andyrg T.Trophy

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I think you you'd be at the limit of what that turbo can do around that figure but don't see why it wouldn't be achievable, would certainly be very responsive and not laggy at all. Give it every chance by making sure you have no restrictions in the exhaust or anything

Spec looks great; I've opted for an organic clutch aswell as its a daily and wanted something that sounds a little more gentle than a paddle clutch!

Will keep an eye on this and I hope you get it back soon!

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I think with your set up you should be fine, one of my biggest problems I had on my early set up was just using the actuator. With the exhaust back pressure and the plenum pressure, even with a 1 Bar actuator it was opening and only holding 10 psi at high Rpm. With your solenoid valve, you will be blocking the plenum pressure so will be able to hold the preset boost to the red line.

Thanks Chris, this is why I'll be sitting at 280 rather than the 300 mark, I did jump in and just go for it without too much research :eek: my own fault.

I have a full Milltek system with decat, it's two back boxes so hopefully it shouldn't restrict at that level of power, was more curious if the turbo would run out of poke higher up the revs say past 6000rpm.

Also having CR of 9:5:1 where as most go with 8:5:1 will need less boost but I have no experience and would be nice to have input from chip or Andy.

Thank you Ade, I've heard organic feels better than most stock clutches and can handle that bit extra torque. I'm not dragging it any time so hope to be ok. Hows your build coming along?

I'm ok on the clutch front thanks George, defiantly not jealous on your new gearbox setup :p
T.Trophy Thank you, Just noticed your post as I'd replied, My heart sank at first but reading on the solenoid will be worth it's every penny :) I presume it's not overly expensive for a better actuator if I do run into problems, I read your sticky but read that your issue could have been only having one back box?

Last edited:
Thank you Ade, I've heard organic feels better than most stock clutches and can handle that bit extra torque. I'm not dragging it any time so hope to be ok. Hows your build coming along?

I'm waiting to hear from Andy tonight, he was planning to get it to EFI this weekend I believe but from his text earlier I'm worrying the part he is waiting on is for my car which will delay it :(

I'm sure Andy will do what he can to get it sorted for you, another week won't hurt feels like it but it doesn't. I've been telling myself that every week since March haha. Hope you've listed all your trinkets on your build thread, gonna jump on computer and have a nosey turbos are interesting no matter how many there are.

I'm sure Andy will do what he can to get it sorted for you, another week won't hurt feels like it but it doesn't. I've been telling myself that every week since March haha. Hope you've listed all your trinkets on your build thread, gonna jump on computer and have a nosey  turbos are interesting no matter how many there are.

Theres nothing to add to it really as of yet. As soon as there is I will update it! :)

Trophy Turbo :)
Hey mate, the gt25 is a nice punchy turbo with great all round power delivery in a clio. It spools very well low down and does do nice numbers. We ran a 25 on my own car for a while and at 1.1 bar we made around 276bhp

Nice reliable build forged motor with that tuebo keeping the jc5 happy as well.

Brilliant thanks Andy, hadn't seen any gt25 builds at high pressure. Nice to know it works well. What do you think of using 9:5:1 pistons?

Haha yeh thanks Chris, I know I shouldn't chase numbers but I couldn't make 300 so pondered abit but settled for 280 in the end. Just want my car back soooo bad.

It's getting closer

geqebuve.jpg

Yeh a slightly tweaked base map with no boost, it's terrible if I'm honest. Did you have a base map Chris?

Yeh George just running it in before full boost :) only another 400 miles to go

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I had a base map from Ktec but sent it to efi to check before I drove up, just as well I did because it was locked and was the wrong map. Chris put a fairly good base map on it with good AFR at cruising speed just to get to him. I didn't have any running in to do. Do you have a AFR gauge? You don't really want it over fuelling while running in...

be done by end of the weekend no doubt George.

No I don't have an AFR gauge Chris but it is over fuelling, if you put your foot down more than a tad it's like it's misfiring. It's back in tomorrow morning to get more changes, might just ask for it to be mapped then keep it below 4k rpm for the next few hundred. as it is I can't really do motorway miles or go up any hills. How K-tec believe people can run in the car with a base map is beyond me.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
You'll probably do more damage tickling it with a bad map than anything. Get it tied down to the dyno if you are confident in there mapping and get it done, get Efi to do it! :)

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Theory is you want to bed the rings in to the bores, over fuelling can wash oils away and cause premature wear and tear. Tbh with materials used these days for engine builds most of the 'running in' is done within the first few minutes of running! How many cars come off the production line that get run in? Drash on!

Not updated this for a good while, Mainly because the more I was on here the more I spent! so spent some time away and now I'm back I've spent some money :eek:

Anyway kind of a big update with more to come, this list has been purchased:

Timing belt kit
Auxilary belt kit
Dephaser pulley
water pump
Head gasket set
Lower gasket / seal set
head bolts
Forged pistons
Forged I beam con-rods with Arp bolts
Crankshaft main bearings set
Crankshaft big end bearing set
Crankshaft thrust washers
High temp sealant for cam cover & crankshaft main cap seal
High flow fuel pump
Turbo heat shield
Valeo Clutch kit
Ktec Turbo Kit - GT25 - with GEN90 ECU

Engine rebuild, Turbo kit fitted, mapped and dyno'd begins on the 20th, Next Thursday and I can;t bloody wait!!!

So bloody true mate!! Hahaha. I've done exactly the same; gone away, come back and already spent a small fortune again! Haven't gone anywhere near as nuts as you though! Would love to do this to my BG 182. Can't wait to see how this develops, thread +subbed!

Yeh Chris the first 40 miles was done on a different map, which was done on the rollers to bed the rings in, wasn't really suitable for the road. but the base map from k-tec now is pretty horrific. I'll see if I can get a full map tomorrow need something better.

Thanks Chaski, It's seeing everyone else do awesome things to their cars which makes you want to do it to your own. There's a few people I'd like to blame like....Chris, George, Chi, Chip, Andy basically anyone that talks about performance / turbos :D but I can only take responsibility myself really. Just looked through your thread, realised I've read through before but you've done alot more now, you've done a great job of refreshing it and CAMSSSS!!! :D