ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EvoFq3o0 - Another BG 182 :)

Chris or anyone who knows turbos [emoji85] think I have a problem! Gt25 with internal wastegate, had a bit if a boot earlier and well a noise happened and now the blow off noise is different and loud? What's happened?

What places are closest to Manchester? Engine dynamics and clioturbo seem to both be 4+ hours away with EFI only an hour away seems ideal for mapping but how about other odd bits?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Efi does mapping for clioturbo and engine dynamics. I'm sure EFI would cater for your boost pipe needs and mapping. Have a chat to him, really nice guy!

I've emailed him [emoji5]️ the other bits I could get done local at a push. Will see what Chris can do though, need help with the studs if possible mate [emoji85] they keep coming loose, got the right nuts now. But ideally need some tomorrow as I'm carless now.

These look alright? Shake when in the manifold so should I just get the same but better quality?

34847834a5bcec43dfc938dab142f844.jpg

So pissed off of recent, seems like I can't get anything sorted with the car! Had it in for the oil leak and guess what's still here! Can't be hard surely to sort a decent oil return. And some fecker keyed my car too! And still trying to sort other things [emoji30] anyone want to buy it? Ha
3ec2d7824bd1ea9ee23d2ddf2cecaf32.jpg
229fcfb1af3ee893113f010d68acf082.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So pissed off of recent, seems like I can't get anything sorted with the car! Had it in for the oil leak and guess what's still here! Can't be hard surely to sort a decent oil return. And some fecker keyed my car too! And still trying to sort other things [emoji30] anyone want to buy it? Ha
3ec2d7824bd1ea9ee23d2ddf2cecaf32.jpg
229fcfb1af3ee893113f010d68acf082.jpg

FFS! :(

Whereabouts in Bolton are you?

D.

Soooo much messing around again, managed to swap the actuator for a 12psi one, so should hold 0.8 bar and its still dialling back to 0.5-0.6.

And I think the passenger side drive shaft is buggered to top it off. would a brand new box whine at all?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Can't play your vid all the way for some reason, got as far as the air duct pipe for inlet pipe and it stops [emoji23] have you got a one way valve on the carbon canister vacuum pipe? Also under the inlet manifold there is a tiny bleed hole into the cam cover that should be blocked to stop boost getting in the breather system..

Hmm strange plays the full 30 secs for me. I have no idea mate [emoji85] would that be what the bit if tube with a bolt in the end is for? And I can only assume that the bleed hole would still be open. I can't see things being done as they should. Guess it was the first 183 they had done [emoji15]

Good [emoji5]️ car definitely needs it. Going to try and get a few bits done before Sunday, like heat shield, top mounts and maybe drive shaft if that proves to be the cause of the knocking.

Fitted Pure motorsport topmounts and Evol dogbone mount to replace the already perished polybushed one.

More noise and vibration!!!! argghhhhh

But on a plus EFI on Sunday!! Pretty damn excited as this has been such a long and frustrating journey, shame I had resort to taking it else where and pay more but on the other hand I don't think I could take it anywhere better to have a final map.

Clio 182
Sounds like you have had some ups and dpwns, and some people are just.... for keying your car, looking good apart from that though, glad your not letting all the bad things put you off your clio :)

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, anything Motorsport related is going to be more harsh, I bought the pre loaded bearing with my mounts when the old bearing wore out which took about a month, so far much better, any small amount of play in anything is massively amplified with solid mounts!! Good luck for Sunday mate, Think mine was a Sunday mapping. Bound to be good!!

Haha Christ! Another thing too look out for [emoji23] Just want to say thanks as well Chris! As you've had to put up with all my questions and given me the answers I needed. So thank you really is appreciated [emoji106] will give an update on Sunday with hopefully a decent video.