ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EXALTO ALTERNATIVE ??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I need 2 new tyres asap . Just found out they stopped making the exalto pe2's . Apparently now they've been replaced by the pilot sport 3 at about £125 a corner :S . First of all . Are they any good , especially in the wet ? Cos i rated the pe2 highly in the wet . Also any good alternatives ( except toyos , don't like em ) prices and places to buy , mytyres , blackcirCles etc .... ?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Milltek'd clio 182
im thinking of getting two new front tires, can anyone suggest a good company where i wont get scuffed wheels after being fitted. because i have just had my wheels done in black and i dont want them scratching them

Clio 172mk2
ive the ps3`s and always had pe2`s before cant notice any diff if im honet only got 2 on front at min. think i paid 115 each fitted in jan

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
This has been covered a million times mate.

Hankook's or rainsports IMO.

Thanks mate ! I haven't been on here for quite a while so must have missed it . Thanks for your replies guys . Much appreciated :)

TRACK CAR BREAKING
I had hankook v12 amd thought they were good
Got some pilot sport 3 and Omg I will never use anything else! Seriously!

LY R26, LY 182
Running PS3's on the R26 and rate them pretty highly, much better than the PS2's in the wet, probably not as good in the dry imo, but still very reassuring. Never tried the Hankooks so can't comment. Exalto's currently on the rear of the 182 and Falken's on the front (ditch finders!) so I am looking to change them even though they have loads of tread left... Probably to PS3's as they are relatively cheap and I would rate them as an excellent tyre. If they cope well on the R26, then they should be good on the 182 and you should be able to get a couple of 16's for around £220 fitted...

182 Trophy
I have just replaced all 4 pe2s for ps3s & i highly rate them for grip in comparison. Wet grip seems a lot better so far also. Try event-tyres.com, their price was the best including fitting/balancing etc

Clio 182ff
am rocking 4 new Pirelli p zero neros - they do the business and are excellent in the wet, like the exaltos.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Tests are irrelevant. Different tyres perform better/worse on different cars.

But I had nero's on the brabus and they were very good. Expensive though.

When I bought my cup it had PE2's front and rainsports rear. IMO the rainsports were much better.

182 cup
I'm using ContiSport2s and find them very good and with excellent feedback.
There is a few options out there...

3 Series xdrive
cant go wrong with michelin, best tyres money can buy in my opinion, cant notice any difference between the pe2 and ps3

LY R26, LY 182
cant go wrong with michelin, best tyres money can buy in my opinion, cant notice any difference between the pe2 and ps3

Yep with you all the way there mate. Had PS2's on the R26 and the Vectra, they were epic. PS3's now as you can't get PS2's many places anymore, and they are pretty damn good, especially in the wet (and lets be honest it's always wet here!!!)
I had Pirelli P Zero Nero's on the Abarth 500 - did not rate them at all - felt like brushes on corners as they have an intricate tread pattern.
My Insignia when delivered should have goodyear eagles on it - will be interesting as I considered these previously but never made the leap - and gulp as am not looking forward to the cost come renewal of these as car is coming with 20's!!! :eek:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks guys . Ordered Rainsports in the end £75 a corner fitted :)

Got a few miles and months under their belt now so wanted to share my opinion of the Uniroyal Rainsport 2's for anyone looking for tyres . I've always been a big advocate of the PE2's when they were available , thought nothing could come close , especially in the wet . I'm so impressed with the Rainsports in the wet and dry . For 75 quid each fitted , they are an awesome tyre in my opinion . So for anyone looking for a good performing tyre in the wet and dry , good wear rate and not gonna break the bank go for the Uniroyal Rainsport 2's . Happy Days :)