ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exaust Opinions Needed

Rover 620ti, MK1 Valver
Hey guys

The exaust on my initiale is slightly fooked... the pipe that enters the silencer on the backbox has rusted around the join and is blowing.. im not sure what to do

i've been to halfrauds (mate works there) and they cant get me a new stock backbox.. i tryed partco and they can't get it either.. the dude i spoke to told me i might have to go to renault for it ( im guessing that would be expensive)

so do i..
a) try and source a replacement oem box somewhere else or..
b) get a custom made cat back / backbox of the performace variety made for it that is reasonably quiet

a few of my m8s think i should go for option b but im not sure because.. its a 5 door

opinions please :)

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Get a price for the Renault one if you'd prefer standard.It will probably be expensive but you never know. You can have a custom one made by powerflow or similar that looks standard'ish if your worried about looking modified?

Rover 620ti, MK1 Valver
Martin_89 said:
get a custom stealth system made, just looks like your standard oem one but a bit of a noise on full throttle etc and bit more performance

i like the sound of that :).. where about in scotland can i get this done.. is powerflow my best bet?

Focus ST
Either what has been mentioned above, or failing that just go along to a KwiqFit or the equiv up north and get a std replacement made by some far off foreign country.

Rover 620ti, MK1 Valver
Gweebs said:
Either what has been mentioned above, or failing that just go along to a KwiqFit or the equiv up north and get a std replacement made by some far off foreign country.

guess i could go down to kwik fit for a quote.. but knowing them it will be the same price as a stainless exaust.. might aswell check though

Clio MK2 172
Gmk1 said:
Hey guys

The exaust on my initiale is slightly fooked... the pipe that enters the silencer on the backbox has rusted around the join and is blowing.. im not sure what to do

i've been to halfrauds (mate works there) and they cant get me a new stock backbox.. i tryed partco and they can't get it either.. the dude i spoke to told me i might have to go to renault for it ( im guessing that would be expensive)

so do i..
a) try and source a replacement oem box somewhere else or..
b) get a custom made cat back / backbox of the performace variety made for it that is reasonably quiet

a few of my m8s think i should go for option b but im not sure because.. its a 5 door

opinions please :)

Get the cat back, no fckn about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rover 620ti, MK1 Valver
Kwik fit want £73 to supply and fit.. not to bad i guess

think im going to go to one of the local performace type garages and see what i get quoted.. going to ask about a stealthed system.. cheers guys :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dont do it, quickfit use cheap shite replacement exhausts. ive noticed some of them look even more restrictive than standard (seen them fitted to both a saxo and mondeo get very thin at some parts

go to Motorsport world in lanarkshire they have a custom exhaust centre, £170 for a stealth backbox or £270 for a full cat-back stealth system

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
blueflame dont do k4m's.. would have to be a custom jobbie!

G, go see fife auto centre, they are meant to be decent for their custom efforts!

Rover 620ti, MK1 Valver
Andy_J said:
and ask what discount we get for making 2 up! ;)

interesting thought...

only thing that concerns me is the bad press fife auto got on fc...

the guy at mvm in cairneyhill is quoting me 140 for a custom back box and 280 for a cat back

im going to have to do something asap cause the backbox has gone from "blowing slightly" to "held on with cable ties and gun gum"

Rover 620ti, MK1 Valver
Ok so i went up to mvm today (local exhaust peoples) and im getting a stainless cat back with a couple of centre boxes to keep it quiet and a nice shiney oval tail pipe on the back box.. 270 fitted, heard a few good things about this place aswell so hopefully they make a good job :D.. shall post pics when it is done

Rover 620ti, MK1 Valver
pics as promised.. and i jus gave it a wee clean so there are a few extra pics for ya ;)

DSC01618.gif

DSC01621.gif

DSC01619.gif

DSC01617.gif