ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel Help Please

1.8 Civic EX
I'm sure the answer will be "use a pivot table" but the simple fact of the matter is, I do not understand them, every time I've tried it it hasn't worked. So if this is the answer any help on creating one would be appreciated. I use Excel 2010.

What I need to do:

Two columns full of numbers, A & B. Some numbers in A are the same and B are all different. I need to sum B if A are the same. That make sense?

Below for example, I need something that says Where A is the same sum B.

A B
1 1
1 16
1 17
1 2
2 3
2 7
2 8
3 2
4 1
4 2
4 3

So the result would be 1 = 36, 2 = 18 and so on.

The problem is my column A is 42k rows deep.

Help? :S

1.8 Civic EX
Scrap that! just worked it out using the "consolidate" function, never even knew that button existed till now!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I know you don't need any help now, but I've read that about 8 times now, and I'm still none the wiser as to what you were trying to achieve, lol.

DCi
Where a = x, add up corresponding b

I didn't read the post just looked at the data and the 'answer' lol

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I know you've got the answer but there's another way... is it using a SUMIF?

I know @The Boosh is a bit of an Excel guru, but he'll probably come back with a VBA script ;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I know you've got the answer but there's another way... is it using a SUMIF?

I know @The Boosh is a bit of an Excel guru, but he'll probably come back with a VBA script ;)

I'd have gone with this, a SUMIF, or as your data was totally suited to it, I'd have subtotalled the sh*t out of it.