ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

excel

Clio Expression 1.2 16V
okay got a massive grid of numbers, say 300 x 300 cells
and all the amounts are in dollars
how would i go about converting them all to pounds, i have the exchange rate on another worksheet.

whats the best wayy??

please help!!!

Clio 172 Cup
Make a new worksheet, reference the cells to the original worksheet : first cell e.g. A1 = OriginalWorksheet!A1*ExRate!A$1$ & copy for all cells?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If you've got pound values you want to convert to say USD, then copy the cell containing the dollar rate, then highlight the entire range of values you want to change.

Edit, Paste Special, Values, Multiply. It will overwrite all cells with the recalculated USD figures.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
If you've got pound values you want to convert to say USD, then copy the cell containing the dollar rate, then highlight the entire range of values you want to change.

Edit, Paste Special, Values, Multiply. It will overwrite all cells with the recalculated USD figures.
:eek: My god youu know your stuff...

Do you do it for a living mark?

Mind if i PM you any other problems i have in the future? :eek:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
10 years of building financial models within Excel...so I've uncovered most of its little hidden secrets and shortcuts.

I've always joked that if asked what I do for a living I should just reply "Spreadsheets"...

Keep the problems coming...I love a challenge LOL